Daphne Groeneveld

Three words to describe you:
Happy, helpful and Dutch

Fashion in three words:
Funny, glamour, crazy

First impressions:
That's a really new life for me. Everything began 1 year ago when i was doing shopping with my mum. Contrary to what i thought, that's a pleasant world. I also realised how much time it needs to take a picture or get a show ready in time... and at the end of may, when i did my first shoot for Vogue, i told myself for the first time: i'm part of this job.

Greatest memories:
That was in London, late at night, after a whole day of shoots. Suddenly Madonna appeared on set and told me the moves we had to do for a Miu Miu campaigns. The dance teach i was not expecting at all!!

Idol-It:
My givenchy Bag, my Blackberry to stay in touch with my friends.

Cities:
Milan, because i feel like i'm home when i meet my agency team. London because i'm there a lot to work. I still don't know New York very well, but i like to eat quickly at Chelsea market and Whole Foods.

Later:
I used to want to have an hotel in Toscane. Who knows? That will maybe be the case in 15 or 20 years of shows. Otherwise, model agent? I already told my mum, that i will one day run the agency! But for now, my dream would be to shoot in the carabean islands, white sand, palms and blue water...

Thanks for the translation, elsa :flower:

That interview really made me appreciate Daphne a little bit more. What a sweetheart.

And I'm in for the Groeneveld Model Management as well! :stuart:

I didn't like that her eyes were closed in every shot in the VP editorial... and her head was tilted back at almost the same angle in every one :doh:

^ True
Although im pretty sure they must have told her to do so.

There is a little piece about her in Dutch Glamour. Not something new. They said that 15year old Daphne was touring with her mom during MilanFW with the car to the shows and her agent confirmed that she didn't go to Paris because of school and that it was enough for now with the overkill of attention for Daphne.

Hmmm... ask men about Daphne Groeneveld, and this is the result (on a Dutch board, only for Dutch speaking people:(

http://forum.fok.nl/topic/1532547

:blink:
***Edited ... removing weight talk***
I'm Female81 btw, in that topic. I'm still doubting about her appeal, but there is something about her I can't take my ey off. Something I also said in that topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
^fok forum is for dutch negative stupid people, that dont have anything in there live !

There's at the moment also a topic in the 'Klaagbaak' board there, about Lara Stone. Similar comments.

I was like :cry: when I was reading it.

Yes, she will be 16 in december. I was almost fooled by a clip when she said she was 16 but after I spoke to a close friend of me who knows her and a bit more information she will be soon 16.

Dutch don't know how to appreciate unique beauty and take Doutzen as their standard beauty. Admitted it took my a little while to appreciate Daphnes looks but she certainly isn't ugly. But the Dutch all love Doutzen. Admitted Doutzen is dropdead gorgeous and in a normal way more beautiful then those two but isn't really unique and she is just beautiful. She is from the 3 the weakest model for sure.

I just read it. OMG. I feel sorry for Daphne. All the time Doutzen is more beautiful. Sure she is, but that doesn't mean Daphne is ugly. Daphne is beautiful is her own unique way. She got that something that makes her one of the most wanted models right now. She is a way better model then Doutzen.

^I just read through the whole thread and those comments are just plain ridiculous. Their perception of beauty is just so narrow and close-minded. They probably think all models should have blonde hair and big boobs. I think one of them even said that. And wanting to "hit that" with a 40 ft pole and referring to her as a landmine? ? Please. That's disgustingly degrading. I'm sixteen and I'm probably more mature than most of those guys who are probably all in their twenties. It's pathetic.

Was it really necessary to post that link here? I mean knowing that all models with a internet connection available read their threads on tfs, they could feel pretty demotivated reading such nonrelevant but incredible rude comments.....
Personally, i wouldn't care about it if Tom Ford, Mert & Marcus, Riccardo Tisci & Carine Roitfeld kept telling me how beauitful i was, but a pretty young thing like Daphne might think differently......

I don't really see the point of posting this here either :huh:
I mean, it's one thing to not let a model's thread become a fan-club and tolerate negative comments and opinions aswell, but I think sharing such material is indeed absolutely negligible.

I thought it could be interesting, reading the view of people not really involved with fashion. Let's say, 'the average guy' (or girl). Not for the two posters above, I guess...

I can understand the two posts above, though.

I don't really see the point of posting this here either :huh:
I mean, it's one thing to not let a model's thread become a fan-club and tolerate negative comments and opinions aswell, but I think sharing such material is indeed absolutely negligible.

^ TRUTH

Hmmm... ask men about Daphne Groeneveld, and this is the result (on a Dutch board, only for Dutch speaking people:(

http://forum.fok.nl/topic/1532547

:blink:

I'm Female81 btw, in that topic. I'm still doubting about her appeal, but there is something about her I can't take my ey off. Something I also said in that topic.

wow a lot of mean things said there! how can you not love Daphne?! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->