Darren Aronofsky

HeatherAnne

Reaction score
Wes Anderson has a thread which means Darren gets a thread. Also, because he wore an amazing custom Phillip Lim suit to the Oscars, had the Rodarte girls design a costume for his recent film Black Swan, and most importantly owns more scarves than any man in Hollywood (or the known universe).

Seriously, as well as being extemely talented he's extremely debonair -- his outfits, even causal ones, always catch my attention.

Custom 3.1 Phillip Lim Oscars suit

348t4rd.jpg
2eggxoj.jpg

Darren S. Aronofsky (born February 12, 1969) is an American film director, screenwriter and film producer. He attended Harvard University and AFI to study both live-action and animation film theory, where he met long-time collaborator Matthew Libatique. He won several film awards after completing his senior thesis film, "Supermarket Sweep", starring Sean Gullette, which went on to become a National Student Academy Award finalist.

Aronofsky did not make a feature film until five years later, creating the concept for his debut feature, π, in February 1996. The low-budget, $60,000 production, starring Sean Gullette, was sold to Artisan Entertainment for $1 million, and grossed over $3 million; it won both a Sundance Film Festival award and an Independent Spirit Award. Aronofsky's followup, Requiem for a Dream, was based on the novel of the same name written by Hubert Selby, Jr. The film received an Academy Award nomination for Ellen Burstyn's performance. After turning down an opportunity to direct Batman Begins, Aronofsky began production on his third film, The Fountain. The film was released to mixed reviews and poor box office results.

However, his next film, The Wrestler, rebounded with positive reviews and healthy box office. Both of the film's stars, Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei, received Academy Award nominations. Rourke also won a Golden Globe for Best Actor and Bruce Springsteen won for Best Original Song for his title song. Aronofsky's next film, Black Swan, received further critical acclaim, being nominated for five Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Director, four Golden Globes including Best Motion Picture – Drama and Best Director, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, a record 12 BFCA nominations and Directors Guild of America Award nomination. As of January 2011, his film The Wolverine, is scheduled to begin production in March.

via Wikipedia

pictures from zimbio

Wonderful idea of thread! I give you a karma for that! :heart:

I might be the only one to think this, but he kind of reminds me of Jesse Eisenberg...for some reason.
He is handsome. :blush:

Yep..joining the club!:D And he's probably the only man I prefer with a mustache!

Yep..joining the club!:D And he's probably the only man I prefer with a mustache!

He and Hamish Bowles are the only men who can rock a mustache and have it actually add to their appeal. Sadly, Hamish shaved his. Don't even think about it Darren!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->