David Yurman Jewelry

More Cable Heart:

Picture89.png

Picture91.png

Picture90.png

dy.com

Lordy... Judith Ripka pulled it off..

Honesty... hearts = awesome... heart jewelry = NEVER!

This line needs to die.

^ IMO same as albion collection... but with gold not diamonds.

And its 14k gold. I'm only snobby about yellow gold (white/rose do not matter).

For what he charges Davey - go with the 18k.

^ I like some of this, but it just seems so outdated to me when I see it in person.

^ I agree on some of it - I still have not yet posted the funkier collections tho

you're right! why isnt there a david yurman thread.
i love his stuff- i have two of the classic bracelets, but what i really want is one of those rings!!!

so classic.

I love DY!!! His stuff is expensive but its worth the $$$ IMO, it looks so pretty IRL.
I have the Petite Albion in Prasiolite. It is my favourite ring. I really want the matching earrings, one of the graphite ice rings and a bangle.

Heres a pic of my ring....

myDYpetitealbionringinprasiolite-1.jpg

you really dont like Yurman, do you?

he has his place. I have a few of his mens pieces that I got as gifts. I dont think I would ever actually pay for any of his stuff...

I do want the curblink in yellow gold though, Im considering it. But id rather get cartier to be honest. DY yellow gold feels hollow.

you really dont like Yurman, do you?

he has his place. I have a few of his mens pieces that I got as gifts. I dont think I would ever actually pay for any of his stuff...

I do want the curblink in yellow gold though, Im considering it. But id rather get cartier to be honest. DY yellow gold feels hollow.

On some of his pieces he has recently been using 18k bonded gold (aka gold filled). Not like I necessarily blame him - since the price of gold is INSANE right now. But he shouldn't be pricing it as if its solid gold.

I'd love to own the Petite Albion Garnet or Amethyst ring, but apart from those, I think most of his stuff looks a bit outdated.

On some of his pieces he has recently been using 18k bonded gold (aka gold filled). Not like I necessarily blame him - since the price of gold is INSANE right now. But he shouldn't be pricing it as if its solid gold.
Only on a few pieces. All the pieces that are twotone may have Bonded Gold (which is like a thick vermeil) the yellow gold pieces aren't necessarily solid but they are definitely 100% gold.

I used to be involved with yurman from a business sense.

^really?? I know most of Yurman's pieces are two-toned - such as the signature cable cuffs. The most is silver - but the stones at the end I always assumed were set in SOLID gold caps..? Not bonded (as they are represented as solid).

for example...

Picture103.png

*the description on these says

From the Color Classic Collection, Cable bracelet in sterling silver with 14-karat yellow gold bracelet and faceted ____ end caps. 7mm Cable.

I assumed that it is real gold bands soldered to the silver.

Where as in this description...

Picture21-1.png

it says...
Medium Oval-Link Chain with sterling silver and yellow gold* cable and smooth links. 7 1/2"L. Made in the USA of domestic and imported material. Style number BC0133S875.

*Please Note: This item contains 18-karat yellow bonded gold.

aka - the gold rings are not solid gold.

Bonded gold is only 5% real gold - in weight+thickness. I hope I wasn't wrong in ****uming the rest of his stuff was REAL gold - soldered to silver.

pics dy.com
I've noticed on his website - just on a few of the inexpensive rings - and on many of the chain jewelry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->