Dazed Autumn 2021 : Rihanna by Rafael Pavarotti

A rare dud from both Rihanna and Pavarotti. This doesn't work ar all...

I not really fond of the cover, but the editorial is great. It's certainly better than "Rihanna by Rihanna" mess a few months ago. My favorite is the last picture, she looks so regal, like royal. And the homage to Grace Jones is also great.

Interesting but I actually don't think she's pulling these off

That cover is gorgeous, and I love how black it is.
The editorial isn't as strong as it could be, but that shot of her in the body suit amazing.

Still, she should probably take a break from magazines, until she has some new music to promote.

I can find fault in every single photo but at the same time I love all of this, if that makes sense. It’s not perfect by any means, but it gets an A for effort from me. At least there’s fashion.

I love the image of her in the gold bodysuit, I think it would have made a great cover!

The rest is not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. The styling feels too try-hard and I feel like I've seen that cover image from Pavarotti before.

I feel like folks on twitter are going to have something to say in regards to colorism and the cover image.

Anyway, I like a couple of the photos well enough but as someone who doesn't care about Fenty in the least, anything from Rihanna that doesn't involve a new album is a disappointment.

I feel like folks on twitter are going to have something to say in regards to colorism and the cover image.

Anyway, I like a couple of the photos well enough but as someone who doesn't care about Fenty in the least, anything from Rihanna that doesn't involve a new album is a disappointment.

Good call. That was my first thought, as well, the potential colorism aspect of it. I imagine it is less of an issue when it involves a crew of predominantly black creatives, though; less of a 'commentary' (tho I am not black so someone correct me if I am wrong pls.)

I love the images but wish the cover were cropped in more.

I can find fault in every single photo but at the same time I love all of this, if that makes sense. It’s not perfect by any means, but it gets an A for effort from me. At least there’s fashion.

I agree with this entirely. She's not pulling it off as well as she's known to do, but at the same time I actually like all of it. The last image is spectacular!

Judging by Dazed’s IG account, the Burberry shot is also a cover (subscribers)?

I see here they try to imitate Grace Jones by Jean paul Goude, sorry guys mission failed. Rihanna became a parody of her own self. Make some music girl, we don’t want your cheap lingerie and outdated clothing line. Her contemporary fashion style make me sick, she really can’t handle it without Mel Ottenberg

and this Rafael Pavarotti shootings making him recognizable only for pluck out your eye backgrounds with only black ppl on ‘em (except his perfect magazine works) - that’s such a poor show. I always though that you need more to make your own vision in photography and pop up into every magazine nowadays.

^
Calling Rihanna’s approach outdated/irrelevant AND not swooning over Pavarotti’s signature thing of…having black people?! Ohmygerd, so-so-so racist!

^
Calling Rihanna’s approach outdated/irrelevant AND not swooning over Pavarotti’s signature thing of…having black people?! Ohmygerd, so-so-so racist!
By the way lvmh also though that her fenty is outdated so I’m not the one. I literally can’t imagine why they even tried to make this stuff happened like seriously, this thing look like a fail from the very beginning.
I mean I loved riri a while ago. Since 2015 until 2020 I guess. 2020 riri was enough for me…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suriiyy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->