Deborah Turbeville - Photographer

I have never heard of her before, I love her work, simply beautiful photography... :heart:

vogue italia, 1985, scanned by me

:heart:

Attachments

• tur.jpg
    tur.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 50
  • turbe.jpg
    turbe.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 34
  • turbevil.jpg
    turbevil.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 40
could this be anh duong?:woot::heart:

Attachments

• turbeville.jpg
    turbeville.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 34
she shots for w ru vogue and ru bazaar a lot
cause he lived in St Petersbourg 2 years( she `s really impressed this city)

estella--i am really getting into deborah turbeville's work. could you let me know which month of 2004 that gorgeous Harper's editorial appeared in? please let me know. also the chloe sevigny one. thanks!

So there is a chance for former models :wink:
Her style reminds me a lot of my favourite photographer, Sarah Moon.
Pictures in post no 6 are from an editorial/fashion shoot that was done in Krakow in an old palace which is situated just at the Main Market Square.
My friend was an assistant of T. at this shoot. She said that Tuberville was really not nice to her models, who were literally scared of her! She was addressing them only via her male main assistant, never in person!
I have met S.Moon and she was a charming lady to chat, I am not sure if I would like to meet this lady, no mater how great photographer she is...
My friend got a special scrap book from this Bruno Schulz inspired photoshoot (models like dolls, manequins), there were original prints put into a book as a gift to her; unfortunately it was stolen several years ago :(

I love the first two images. Amazing exposure and a great contrast. I like how she uses sepia/contrast/sharpness, looks like diafilm.

wow..her photography has this heartbreaking quality...
the one of the women's feet and bottom of their dresses....and the nude woman against the fireplace...they are extraordinary :wub:

thankyou to everyone contributing :heart:

these photos are beautiful...i especially love the editorial with maria carla

stunning..i agree adorefaith they are heartbreaking in a way. they also have a haunting quality i think :flower:

ooh no..:o :heart: :crush:
that's extremely beautiful, missmag!.. thanks.. i feel like thanking you comes short these days for the amount of visual candy you've been providing. :shock:

Vogue Italia (Unique) September 2004
I. Adjani!
Directed by
Vincent Darré

scanned by MMA

ahh, that editorial's just epic.. thanks for posting it, missmag!.. I sense Jennifer would love it. :unsure: :heart:

Vogue Italia Unique Supplement March 2007
Mrs Rosekranz
Text by Frederico Maturi
Photographed by Deborah Turbeville

scanned by MMA

:shock: now that's a real find, missy mag!, it's stunning.. :heart:
I wish ads would openly credit the photographer these days.

Amazing scans so far. Can't believe that those C&K ads from 1976 are available! Huge thanks for posting those, classic! :flower:

Some of the shortcuts aren't working though! Can those be fixed?:( Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neon1881
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->