Deborah Turbeville - Photographer

Pani April 2010
Title: La Traviata
Styling: Agnieszka Scibior
Models: Karolina Mikolajczyk, Kasia Tulwin, Kaja Werbanowska, Michal Sikorski, Janek
Artists from the National Opera: Marcin Maciak, Mariusz Majchrowicz, Elzbieta Wroblewska, Aleksandra Kurzak, Adam Miroszczuk

Scanned by Magda @ fashion-scans.blogspot.com

Vogue Italia September 2011
Valentino Haute Couture
Styling: ?
Hair: ?
Make up: ?
Models: Allaire Heisig, Brenda Kranz, Mirte Maas, Iris Egbers, Vasilisa Pavlova

ebooke.org

Can someone explain to me what was so controversial about the 'Bathhouse' series in US Vogue in the 70s :flower:?

The moment I saw you as the latest poster here, I knew it had to be the rest of the campaign. :lol:

I hope she works with Fei Fei in the future, she seems to be stealing the show here.. she projects exactly the serenity one gets in most of Deborah's photographs. :heart:

Beautiful campaign.. very centered on textures and the harmony between them and the landscapes, almost in a mathematical way. Can't wait to finally see this in print.

tumblr_m5qoyomUKp1rp3b4go1_1280.jpg

'Five Girls in a Room in Pigalle, Paris' Deborah Turbeville for Vogue Italia, 1982

All of these posts are incredible, justaguy, can't thank you enough.. it's people like you that make the internet such an educational place by rescuing these gems from the archives of time and putting it all up, for people that would never have the chance to see otherwise (like myself!). It's incredible to think about the amount of years Deborah has been working but what's more of a miracle is the integrity and truth in which she holds her work.. never succumbing to a trend or parameters of a specific season/publication/editor, usually just technology, but her work's still just who she is all the time, take it or leave it. Very empowering :heart:. Her work in recent seasons seems confusing for some, almost sterile I guess, but you understand it more when you go through her work, especially through such rich retrospective like the one above.. I feel a little bad that some of Deborah's most enthusiastic fans (Estella and Multitudes) have left, they would've been in heaven with these stories..

Thank you so much, MulletProof! :flower: And beautiful put regarding DT's amazing volume of work. It's unfortunate her relationship with US Vogue didn't continue but fortunately, she's still working with various journals today and her work continues.

I'm ashamed to say, I've never heard of her until a couple of weeks ago, whilst looking through Sarah Moon's thread. Deborah is amazing, her work sort of reminds me of a cross between Yelena Yemchuk's and Roversi's. I feel like I haven't seen her work in any recent publications :(

Good eye, moscow! Deborah's work is somewhat similar to Sarah Moon's (another incredible photographer :heart:). Both use the same monochromatic color style with a dreamlike effect, but I think Sarah's work has more of a grainier look to it.

Vogue Italia September 2012
Valentino F/W 2012

zinio via Mat Cyruss

Vogue Italia March 2013 (Supplement)
"A Metamorphic Soul"
Model/Star: Adriana Abascal
Photographer: Deborah Turbeville
Stylist: Robert Rabensteiner
Hair: Seb Bascle
Make-up: Pierre Orlando

pdfgiant.com

US Vogue February 1980