John Galliano FW 1997

t.gif

http://community.livejournal.com/runwaym/1255347.html#cutid1

Franc Sobier Spring 2001

43340209.jpg

^ Spring 2000

37384878.jpg

community.livejournal.com/runwaym

for some reason style.com is being stupid and resizing all the pics I save, so these are not the usual size:angry:

Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture s/s04
atJPGCouturess04style1.jpg
atJPGCouturess04style2.jpg

atJPGCouturess04style3.jpg
atJPGCouturess04style4.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture s/s05
atJPGCouturess05style1.jpg

style.com

Wow I've always loved JPG's creativity as far as hair and make-up! Now Debra's hair in particular is ....interesting haha.

Franck Sorbier Haute Couture Spring Summer 2010
fs6x.jpg

daylife

Shaw always wanted to be a fashion designer, but became instead one of the best-known top models of the 90s, a muse and friend of John Galliano. Now she lives in Paris, where she is a successful fashion consultant

Name
Debra Shaw.

Famous for
She is a supermodel.

Something about her
Born in Philadelphia and raised in New Jersey, she has always dreamt of working in fashion, so she started studying fashion design at high school. At that time she would set up her runway shows at school, with her girlfriends as models. She has also been in athletics, trained by the father of legend Carl Lewis. Like any super top model worth her name, her career was not limited to catwalks only: she has appeared in several films (including Prêt-à-porter by Robert Altman), in George Michael's video Fast Love and in several advertising campaigns. She appeared on commemorative stamp issued in Gibraltar wearing the same Masai dress she had on when the first Haute Couture Dior collection by John Galliano came out. With the same look, she has also become a Barbie doll. Furthermore, she says: "I love to write and, one day soon, I will publish a book on my personal experiences in the world of fashion."

Distinctive Features
Her wispy figure: extremely tall and thin."My body shape is unique to me!"

Career
She started modeling to take her mind off a relationship that had ended badly. Later she won a contest in Newark, New Jersey, and the prize was a trip to Paris. There, she was signed up by the Ford agency. Among he first runways shows, Paco Rabanne and Dior's Haute Couture signed Gianfranco Ferré. On this occasion, Debra meets John Galliano: a strong personal and professional bond will develop, and is still solid today. It was the second half of the 90s. It is rumored that at the time Debra earned in one single season more that the whole men's division at her agency. Today she is a fashion consultant, sought-after by magazines and labels. "I train people to walk in heels primarily for the runway shows. My new endeavor is real estate."

Causes
Life Ball AIDS charity (Vienna, Austria). Orange Babies AIDS charity (Amsterdam, Holland).

Hobbies
Yoga, bike riding, tennis.

Idols
"Sun, Moon and the stars." And Yves Saint Laurent: when she heard he would do his last fashion show, she did all she could to be on that catwalk. And she succeeded, of course.

Favorite food
Rose Bakery carrot cake.

Personal style
"Humorous, funky, chic, simple, laid back, vintage with new designers."

She hates
"Too much energy to hate!"

She loves
"God, my family, friends, and music."

Fashion quote:
"Mix it up! There are so many beautiful black, arab and asian models and designers in the world!"

Favorite book
Authors Iyanla Vanzant, Danielle Steele, Sidney Sheldon.

She said
"Live, life, love, hug, smile."
"Doing a runway show is acting without a script."

Relationship status
She got married in 1997 but is now single.

Pets
She owns four dogs.

Birthday
14 November.

Born in
Philadelphia, USA.

Lives in
Paris, France
vogue.it

Shaw always wanted to be a fashion designer, but became instead one of the best-known top models of the 90s, a muse and friend of John Galliano. Now she lives in Paris, where she is a successful fashion consultant
Name
Debra Shaw.

Famous for
She is a supermodel.

Something about her
Born in Philadelphia and raised in New Jersey, she has always dreamt of working in fashion, so she started studying fashion design at high school. At that time she would set up her runway shows at school, with her girlfriends as models. She has also been in athletics, trained by the father of legend Carl Lewis. Like any super top model worth her name, her career was not limited to catwalks only: she has appeared in several films (including Prêt-à-porter by Robert Altman), in George Michael's video Fast Love and in several advertising campaigns. She appeared on commemorative stamp issued in Gibraltar wearing the same Masai dress she had on when the first Haute Couture Dior collection by John Galliano came out. With the same look, she has also become a Barbie doll. Furthermore, she says: "I love to write and, one day soon, I will publish a book on my personal experiences in the world of fashion."

Distinctive Features
Her wispy figure: extremely tall and thin."My body shape is unique to me!"

Career
She started modeling to take her mind off a relationship that had ended badly. Later she won a contest in Newark, New Jersey, and the prize was a trip to Paris. There, she was signed up by the Ford agency. Among he first runways shows, Paco Rabanne and Dior's Haute Couture signed Gianfranco Ferré. On this occasion, Debra meets John Galliano: a strong personal and professional bond will develop, and is still solid today. It was the second half of the 90s. It is rumored that at the time Debra earned in one single season more that the whole men's division at her agency. Today she is a fashion consultant, sought-after by magazines and labels. "I train people to walk in heels primarily for the runway shows. My new endeavor is real estate."

Causes
Life Ball AIDS charity (Vienna, Austria). Orange Babies AIDS charity (Amsterdam, Holland).

Hobbies
Yoga, bike riding, tennis.

Idols
"Sun, Moon and the stars." And Yves Saint Laurent: when she heard he would do his last fashion show, she did all she could to be on that catwalk. And she succeeded, of course.

Favorite food
Rose Bakery carrot cake.

Personal style
"Humorous, funky, chic, simple, laid back, vintage with new designers."

She hates
"Too much energy to hate!"

She loves
"God, my family, friends, and music."

Fashion quote:
"Mix it up! There are so many beautiful black, arab and asian models and designers in the world!"

Favorite book
Authors Iyanla Vanzant, Danielle Steele, Sidney Sheldon.

She said
"Live, life, love, hug, smile."
"Doing a runway show is acting without a script."

Relationship status
She got married in 1997 but is now single.

Pets
She owns four dogs.

Birthday
14 November.

Born in
Philadelphia, USA.

Lives in
Paris, France.

Special thanks, Viva Models.

vogue.it/en/vogue-black/the-style-of---

Franck Sorbier Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris
fs3.jpg

fs2om.jpg

fs1t.jpg

daylife

Julien Fournie HC S/S 11

daylife.com

Franck Sorbier HC S/S 2012

nowfashion.com

Franck Sorbier Haute Couture F/W 12.13 Paris

daylife.com

I don't like that her outfit doesn't blend with the rest of the collection for Frank Sorbier F/W 12.13. Kinda looks witche-y compared to the other elegant gowns imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->