Demi Lovato self harming?/In Treatment for "Anger" Issues

Glittery_Bug

Reaction score
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/30587888.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...rep_camp_rock_star_demi_lovato_isnt_a_cu.html

Settle down, Disney fans: Demi Lovato isn't a cutter, her rep says.
The 'Net blew up Thursday with speculation that the up-and-coming "Camp Rock" star was into self-harming. Within hours, "Demi Lovato" and "cutter" racked up to 65,000 search results on Google.
The "evidence"? Lovato, 16, accidentally flashed several angry red marks on her inner wrist during Miley Cyrus' Disneyland birthday bash ... back in October.
"These allegations are completely false," says the singer's rep, Lillian Matulic.
Demi, she points out, was wearing several oh-so-hip tight plastic bracelets earlier that day which "left indentations on her wrist."
Lovato shot to teen stardom earlier this year as the lovable-yet-shy Mitchie Torres in "Camp Rock" alongside Joe Jonas.
She later launched a successful album, "Don't Forget," which debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard charts, propelling her that much closer to mainstream stardom and the rumors that come with it.
Welcome to the big time, Demi.

---

I really hope this isn't true, but they don't look like the marks from bracelets to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's true it's very sad and I hope she gets the help she needs.
If it isn't true then I can't imagine a more horrible rumor to make it's way into the press especially for someone that young.

I don't know anything about Demi Lovato but my heart goes out to her either way.

I read that she was apparently just wearing "really tight bracelets" :shock:.

Hopefully, if this is not true, she gets the help she needs. :cry:

i don't think this is something the media should be speculating about. this is her private business.

I think the bracelet comment is total BS, but it could be something else. Either way, bless the girl.

If she was harming herself, I dont think she would wear shirts with no sleeves? she knows pretty good how the media works.

My friend has known Demi since she was like 10 or 11. He's always said she was the sweetest girl. I hope she's okay.

those are not from bracelets.. she also had those marks at another event..and dont look like bracelet marks

Who cares about these annoying Disney stars?

Disney kids are annoying but self-harming is serious.
So we should never ever underestimate these things :angry:
Very serious. My sister did that to herself and it was scary.
Everyday I had to think if this is the day she goes too far , because It can easily go too far.
Hope she is ok.
and if that really is self-harming I hope she gets the help.

That's really sad :(
i hope it's not true!

she's one of the most talented disney stars..

that bracelet excuse was kinda lame. But I've been through cutting myself so I'd support her.

this should not be talked about in the media because she is surely a role model for younger girls and it is her private life

They don't look like marks from bracelets but who knows? I have been accused of things that aren't true and its not really very nice so I won't judge.

Could someone explain to me the point of cutting?

^It's an unhealthy coping devise done for a variety of reasons, such as:
-it releases endorphins, which can make the person feel better
-feeling a sense of control over one's body for those who feel they have no control over anything
-a distraction from internal pain
-self-punishment

Last edited by a moderator:
this should not be talked about in the media because she is surely a role model for younger girls and it is her private life

no offense, but isn't that the purpose of star gossip, to gossip about their private lives - such as who they're dating, who's breaking up, who's lost weight ect?

Demi Lovato Enters Treatment for 'Emotional & Physical Issues'

demi-lovato-240.jpg

Demi Lovato is seeking professional help.

The Disney star, 18, dropped out of the Jonas Brothers tour over the weekend and checked into a treatment center for "emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time," her rep confirms to PEOPLE.

"Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help," the rep says. "She is doing just that. Demi and her family ask that the media please respect their privacy during this difficult time. She regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future."
people.com

:( I love Demi... I hope that she get all the help she needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->