Designer Ad Campaigns

the versace ads are in every mag...and they s*ck...!!! :ermm: :yuk:

I love Gemma Ward in the new Prada and YVes ads and Maggie in Mui mui oh and Helena Christensen for Pilgrim... The ads do sway me

I saw a FW 2000 (or 2001:-) CdG one page "ad" in Italian Vogue. It was just a close up picture from their show and the name. It was a surprise, but I don't think the "ad" was made by Comme anyway :-)

In recent Wallpaper there is an ad by italian Moncler. It shows a jkt with the "Junya Watanaby Man" label, hehe.

CDG print ads mostly as sponsoring in 'forward'/indie publications such as Purple etc and they always look smashing

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Aug 23 2004, 04:32 PM
I have the greatest respect and admiration for designers/labels that are able to do well without having to rely on the big magazines. That also goes for designers who are successful without having to become big celebrities. :flower: :heart:
[snapback]342902[/snapback]​

Well, I think part of the reason people like Hussein and Ann don't advertise is because it would pretty much be a waste of money. It's such an extremely niche market and their target customers don't read Vogue or Bazaar or Details. There's really no point.

I could have sworn there was a Versace ad in the September Encyclopedia...I mean Vogue. :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 23 2004, 09:52 PM
the versace ads are in every mag...and they s*ck...!!! :ermm: :yuk:
[snapback]343173[/snapback]​

as ALWAYS. That tripe has to go, really.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Aug 24 2004, 06:42 AM
Well, I think part of the reason people like Hussein and Ann don't advertise is because it would pretty much be a waste of money. It's such an extremely niche market and their target customers don't read Vogue or Bazaar or Details. There's really no point.
[snapback]343635[/snapback]​

Well,as Lena pointed out with CDG,alot of designers work with those target magazines to create an image with their names like Self Service has done in the past with Branquinho and Chalayan. And Cosmic Wonder has done some variants of ads in Purple. Bless is another who's done ads.

But its completely different from the powerhouse campaigns,as "indies" don't make money from them. More so,just a little PR to get their names out there and again support for and from that mag.

Narciso Rodriguez used to advertise, but doesn't now. He's not a "big-time" designer, but he does get alot of press and his clothing is always featured in editorials. Maybe he figures that's all the advertising he needs.

Originally posted by Scott@Aug 24 2004, 12:58 PM
Well,as Lena pointed out with CDG,alot of designers work with those target magazines to create an image with their names like Self Service has done in the past with Branquinho and Chalayan. And Cosmic Wonder has done some variants of ads in Purple. Bless is another who's done ads.

But its completely different from the powerhouse campaigns,as "indies" don't make money from them. More so,just a little PR to get their names out there and again support for and from that mag.
[snapback]343821[/snapback]​

Yeah, I love the one-off ads from Sophia Kokosalaki, CDG, and others. It's a nice surprise to find every now and then.

... and if you happen to be carolina herrera or oscar della renta then all of vogue already is your ad so why bother...... :innocent:

yeah...that's true...very incestuous right?!?!...i guess narciso is the heir apparent to the darling of anna...

Originally posted by faust@Aug 23 2004, 02:57 PM
I also think it depends on the audience a designer is trying to reach and on the customer base of a certain designer. I would venture to say that a typical W reader is not a Helmut Lang customer, therefore advertising there is kind of a waist for HL (well, for Prada Group). BTW, I'm not 100% sure what scale you mean when you are saying "a major designer". I think Helmut Lang is a major designer, but he's rarely (if ever) covered in magz like W and Vogue.

Comme des Garcons and Dries van Noten also come to mind. I think they are major designers but they will never advertise in Vogue. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a Dries van Noten ad in my life.
[snapback]342856[/snapback]​

Helmut Lang's actually been advertiseing in W and Vogue for a few seasons now.

What I've always wondered is, why has John Galliano never had an ad?

Originally posted by luvkoshi@Aug 23 2004, 11:13 PM
I love Gemma Ward in the new Prada and YVes ads and Maggie in Mui mui oh and Helena Christensen for Pilgrim... The ads do sway me
[snapback]343188[/snapback]​

i love the gemma ysl ads as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->