Designer Knockoffs for Katrina Victims

so much mis-information...:ninja:

for example...no one needs to 'keep warm'...
it's about 100 degrees...

part of the reason people have been suffering is the extreme heat on top of the hurricane damage and then the additional flooding caused by the rupture of the wall that holds back the water...because new orleans lies BELOW sea level in some places...

it wasn't just a simple hurricane that caused all this damage...
and loss of human life...
:(

anyway...
it's a brilliant idea...
very very well done...
i congratulate whoever came up with that solution...
:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's true that it's not quite a "fair" comparison to the Japanese situation since the real issue was the levee system was only ever designed to withstand a category 3 hurricane and this was category 5. It's been a disaster waiting to happen for a long time and everyone there knew it ... Also, ever since the French settlers built the first levees 300 years ago, the ocean has been prevented from building up the land, and nothing has been done to compensate for that, which is the reason it's below sea level.

Still, I'm sure our government has much to learn from the Japanese :ninja: Maybe a little thing called efficiency, and maybe another little thing called teamwork ... :unsure:

softgrey said:
so much mis-information...:ninja:

for example...no one needs to 'keep warm'...
it's about 100 degrees...

:clap:
youre right, no one needs to keep warm, but i'm sure they would like to have extra clothes to change into, instead of the ones they've been wearing for 4-5 days or whatever it is.

i agree with all here it's a good idea, and it puts the counterfeit stuff to use. kudos to those who thought and oked the idea.

At this point, who gives a rat's about what the designers think? People who don't have any clothes are getting some, and stuff that would otherwise just have taken up space and gone to waste is getting used.

Besides, most of the stuff that gets knocked off is so unimaginative and unoriginal anyhow that the designers should be relieved they're being copied, not parodied.

Great idea!
I doubt the designers would care or even mind considering the horrific situation these poor people are in.

OT of designer duds, but I heard on the news that George Bush is heading an enquiry on Katrina HIMSELF... errr that scares me a lot. He seems a bit dodgy that George.

Lena said:

this katrina situation is so beyond control and will affect everyone's life on this planet.. its much more serious than people think...

amen to that :(

splatooey said:
youre right, no one needs to keep warm, but i'm sure they would like to have extra clothes to change into, instead of the ones they've been wearing for 4-5 days or whatever it is.

And which, perhaps, could get soaking wet at some point. Maybe even during nighttime, when temperatures may get a liiiiitttle down...:rolleyes:

As You Like It said:
At this point, who gives a rat's about what the designers think? People who don't have any clothes are getting some, and stuff that would otherwise just have taken up space and gone to waste is getting used.

Besides, most of the stuff that gets knocked off is so unimaginative and unoriginal anyhow that the designers should be relieved they're being copied, not parodied.

:clap: :clap: exactly

oanadobre said:
And which, perhaps, could get soaking wet at some point. Maybe even during nighttime, when temperatures may get a liiiiitttle down...:rolleyes:

ditto , its also the humidity factor

also for asyoulikeit's on the point post :flower:

this is nice, you can always help somehow, so why not this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->