Designer Makeup Yay Or Nay

I think that you get what you pay for, and designer makeup is normally better than oh say.. Cover Girl, Mayebelline and those. I prefer designer makeup.

I guess it depends on what works for you. Some cheaper brands offer great things, some expensive brands offer awful things. Like everything in skincare and makeup, it's trial and error.
I will, however, add my praise to that which is growing for Armani makeup. I have tried so many things but this line is my holy grail! I use and love Luminous Silk foundation, creme blush number 1 and can not wait to try the Luminous Silk powder foundation. I saw a friend use it and think it will be perfect. Nothing has worked better for me.

Absolutely designer. When it comes to foundations I always have a bit of a battle because of my combination dark olive skin. Chanel rocks my world and its makes my skin look stunning. I cant live without thier waterlights stick in hale and their pressed powder in dore. Ah foundation heaven!!! :heart: :heart:

I must say that althought i love love love love love love chanel's makeup, it seems that its soooo hard to find the perfect shade, i mean, when MAc has sooo much yellow based colors (which personally i belive are much more flattering to skin tones) Chanel stick with there pinks!! I had to return like 4 compact foundations just till i got the right one.....on a recent trip to nyc, i tried out armani's makeup, and actually got a free dvd of them appyling the makeup to me! (it was so freakin awesome) so that i can get the perfect coverage everytime... And althought designer makeup always has a place in my heart, i must say, at the moment for an everyday thing i'm completely and utterly in love with "everyday minerals" cause it takes out all the bad stuff bare minerals has in it (and they have a matte foundation!!! it's freakin awesome... according to MA they have extremly higher reviews than the competition brands.) But for special occasions when i NEED to be matte and flawless (espescially in south florida's heat and humidty) i MUSt have Chanel Double Perfection, and some NARS lipstick-style concealor... belive me a little goes a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->