Designer Shoes

LadyIllusion

Reaction score
I love designer shoes e.g Choos, Louboutin, Paciotti etc, but get really frustrated at the lack of larger sizes. I wear a comfortable size 9 and pay much more for stylish designer shoes and boots, i tend to get shoes and boots from Kurt Geiger and Russell and Bromley, as they sometimes carry larger sizes. I would absolutely love a pair of Blahniks and Gina. :angry: I wonder if there are anyone else in my predicament who also feel the frustration of not being able to wear stylish designer shoes? :innocent:

I know how you feel, but not because i have size 11... I'm a size 8.. but my good friend has size 11, and she can't even go into Steve Madden and buy a pair of shoes... they always tell her to go online for extra sizes. Personally, I think stores should carry those sizes, too... I can see how it would be frustrating.

I wear 10, and it's always been kind of hard to find my size because of how stores usually stock. A few smalls, a lot of mediums, a few larges... get my drift?

It is nice, however, during those insane sales where everyone is practically murdering each other for things... there are about 20 women crowded around the rack of 8s, where I stand alone at the far end by the 10s. :lol:

Don't feel frustrated GucciGirl. I dont think you are alone, there are many celebrities who also wear a size 11, like Uma Thurman, of course they only wear Choos, and Blahniks(:wink:). Have you tried online retailers, I know the Blahniks at NeimanMarcus.com all run up to 11.5, as do most of the other brands. At saks.com most of the Gucci's go up to 11, as do the Sergio Rossi's. At ginashoes.com, they run up to a 11 (41), but they convert it as UK8, so i am not sure about what size that would actually be. I think you would definetly have more luck at an online store because they might have more stock, instead of just the usual sizes. :flower:

I personally have to shop online because I dont live in that big of a city. so I dont have access to those brands either, so I know how you feel not being able to fully enjoy what you like. I really like the Neiman Marcus and saks websites though, i think they are good, and they have a fairly good selection of styles. you might be able to find something you like. :flower:

As i live in the UK(London) i don't know whether those websites which Luckystar413 mentioned ships to the UK(Europe). I will however contact them and find out about shipping to Europe.
I am moving to Spain pretty soon, and have read on a couple of forums,that in some shoe stores, when you ask for a larger size,the sales assistants, look at you as if you have just landed from outta space, then proceed to show you the door :shock: i couldn't believe what i was reading. It is good to know that there are others out there like me. :heart: I get a little confused with the sizing charts from the US. In the UK i wear a size 8 1/2 - 9, which i think if converted would be a size 11 in the US. Different websites give different size guides. If anyone has an accurate size converter chart, please can you post it here. :heart:

Here you go :flower: Size charts

I recommend the Bata size chart (mentioned close to the bottom of this site) as being the most reliable.

PinkMonkey - Cheers!

I contacted both Neiman Marcus and Ginashoes.com and yippeeee they do larger sizes and will post to Europe, so thats good news for us girls with a passion for designer shoes in larger sizes.

Saks.com doesn't ship to europe :( so i didn't bother checking out what they had on offer, perhaps another time.

Thanx to everyone who posted to this :wink: mucho :heart: :heart:

Gucci girl - for websites that don't ship to the UK, have you tried www.americanorder.com? Never used them, but they ship to the UK from all USA websites - they order for you, accept delivery in the USA them forward them on to you.

RE. Gina - have you asked in the store? The shoes are made in Dalston so I can't imagine it'd be that difficult to get large sizes.

Originally posted by pinkmonkey@Mar 19th, 2004 - 2:47 am
Gucci girl - for websites that don't ship to the UK, have you tried www.americanorder.com? Never used them, but they ship to the UK from all USA websites - they order for you, accept delivery in the USA them forward them on to you.

RE. Gina - have you asked in the store? The shoes are made in Dalston so I can't imagine it'd be that difficult to get large sizes.
PinkMonkey - Thanx for that web address, i will check it out. I called up all those designer flagship stores(blahnik,gucci,paciotti etc) and all of them said they only went up to a size 7. The only one that went up to a size 9 was Jimmy Choo, but that selection is very minute. I also had a small booklet dedicated to shoes back in aug 03, this was like a directory which gave good information on shoes and that was where i got the info from.

I did contact Gina in london, and was told they only go up to a size 7 as well, very disappointing :( .

I think online is probably my best bet, coupled with Neiman Marcus, i guess i will end up paying over the odds (if country tax is added). Thanx for all your help/info :heart:

I hear U. I am a 10 and in NYC all the models buy up the size 10's. there are never any good 10's left! ARRRRGHHHH!!!

I wear 11(us) and I order a lot of manolos online. You have to be careful because the sizing is inconsistent. Meiman marcus has a good selection.

If you want choos, net-a-porter has them up to size 42, and they have great selection of almost all the styles. be warned though, choos run AT LEAST 1/2 half size small, especially with a closed toe.

With manolos, if you cant find exactly what you want, you can always have them special made in your size- up to 43. It costs about 20 % over retail, but you can custom pick the color/ material, and you can choose any heel height you like. However you actually have to be at the manolo boutique to do this, you can't call in the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear a 39.5. My frustration is that I have wide fat feet and clearly I cannot wear every style out of respect for others-i dont wanna scar anybody for life :lol:

I love those strappy sandals but most of them will not flatter my feet.:blush:

LadyIllusion said:
PinkMonkey -

I did contact Gina in london, and was told they only go up to a size 7 as well, very disappointing :( .
I was a UK 7.5/8 and a US 10 until I had my second baby and am now a UK 9/US 11. I have pre baby Gina's in size 8 and they are all generous size 8's that were all bought at the Sloane Street Store mainly in 2000-2002. Are they no longer making size 8 UK? These are some of my only pre-baby shoes I can still just wear :( And with sizing charts honestly the best thing I've found it to just ignore them they are wildly inconsistent. The only way I am ever sure of a good fit is to put the shoe on my foot. Unfotunately that means that I often have to pay shipping and return shipping only for them not to fit :(

Have anyone here heard of Zappos.com, they carry bigger sizes. Oh yeah, so does Nordstroms and nordstroms.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->