Detail And Craft

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
What's the most beautiful handwork/detail you've seen,of late?

I really want this top from Little Red Riding Hood. Love it. Pearl beading,stitched snowflakes,a bow-tie around the neck,pinched pleats along the yoke,crest-like roping draped off the shoulder. Besides all that,I adore the fairy-tale shape and tailoring involved. :heart: :heart:

Attachments

• clone1_2_z.jpg
    clone1_2_z.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 13
Love it so that I am using it as my avatar :P

Also,this lovely Jurgi Persoons(which I saw on ebay-raw)edged ruffled top with pleated panel on the side and his infamous "nervous" handstitching

Attachments

• jurgiwhite3.jpg
    jurgiwhite3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 16
jurgi persoons fall 2002 had amazing detail, the jackets and skirts with the writing were lovely. i admire the detail in as four collections...but as of late nothing comes to mind mind, i'll have to do a little searching.

I was watching Fashion Television a few weeks ago and they had a segment on Chanel Haute Couture. They went inside the atlier and the craft was amazing. The hand-sewn silk and chiffon and the beading, it was great. :woot: -_- Dior, too, was mind-blowing.

That Persoons and LRR pieces are great and have amazing details for ready-to-wear. :flower:

:blink: i did not liked the LRR blouse to be honest, but the Jurgi detail was better :wink:

On Big Boutique there was a segment about Dublin-based designer Tim Ryan. His big thing is knitting and crochet.

tr_goldcrochet.gif

Ryan's creations might not be everyone's idea of a must-have garment but I thought I'd contribute his name to a thread about "detail and craft." Hearing him explain how he does it is fascinating.

I remember that episode,Atelier :flower:

Oh no,Lena! I was planning to buy it and wear it to Paris when we meet :o

Here's a couple pieces from Tess Giberson

Attachments

• giberson04.jpg
    giberson04.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 24
From Fall 2002

Attachments

• giberson05.jpg
    giberson05.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 24
She's a brilliant tailor!

Attachments

• giberson06.jpg
    giberson06.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 23
Originally posted by Scott@Dec 31st, 2003 - 12:40 pm
Scott, it's one of my favorite programs. In the Tim Ryan episode, I liked the shot at the end where he's sitting outside surveying the city around him all while his hands are crocheting at high speed.

Here's a detailed photo of his work. The delicacy and intricacy are amazing.

tr_beads.gif

Originally posted by Atelier@Dec 31st, 2003 - 11:05 pm
. The delicacy and intricacy are amazing.

tr_beads.gif
indeed :heart:

talking of details, Ioannis Guya comes to my mind, i'll post his work later on, also this from sophia kokosalaki ss04 collection, all dyed by hand

Attachments

• 100113188_1_.jpg
    100113188_1_.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 4
Originally posted by Atelier+Dec 31st, 2003 - 2:05 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Atelier @ Dec 31st, 2003 - 2:05 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Dec 31st, 2003 - 12:40 pm
Scott, it's one of my favorite programs. In the Tim Ryan episode, I liked the shot at the end where he's sitting outside surveying the city around him all while his hands are crocheting at high speed.

Here's a detailed photo of his work. The delicacy and intricacy are amazing.

tr_beads.gif
[/b][/quote]
MMMM....that's yummy looking :wink:

I dunno why,but I simply get more excited about the close-up shots of the clothing's detail work than just the shilouette(although I adore volumes in a shilouette as well)--to me its where most of the soul is. What's even more nice is that I feel that people are truly starting to appreciate craft and paying attention to quality again rather than an overall look.

Big Boutique is my fave too. Its by far the most intimate and interesting than the others are. Plus,I like the fact that its not just established talents they feature but also the ones that aren't so famous and well-known.

It rather hard to see in this picture (have not been able to find a closer shot) but this skirt is amazing.

Attachments

• 15design2.jpg
    15design2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 3
Originally posted by Lena+Dec 31st, 2003 - 4:11 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Dec 31st, 2003 - 4:11 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Atelier@Dec 31st, 2003 - 11:05 pm
. The delicacy and intricacy are amazing.

tr_beads.gif
indeed :heart:

talking of details, Ioannis Guya comes to my mind, i'll post his work later on, also this from sophia kokosalaki ss04 collection, all dyed by hand [/b][/quote]
That Sophia K. piece is amazing. :o

Some amazing details from the Fall couture:

Dior, Ungaro
100105309.jpg
100105887.jpg

Ungaro, Gaultier
100105873.jpg
100106592.jpg

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 31st, 2003 - 4:11 pm
...also this from sophia kokosalaki ss04 collection, all dyed by hand
Nice one, Lena. Speaking of this show, I loved the wet and slick look of the models.

ignitioned32, those pics are amazing!

:shock: this Ungaro detail is just amazing, could it be by Aris Geldis if he's still with Ungaro Couture, looks very Geldis anyway :heart:

here something from Gaultier ss04

Attachments

• 100118539_1_.jpg
    100118539_1_.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iabsolvejordan
Back