Diane Von Furstenburg S/S 10 New York

It's tough to get past the heavy styling that she's been insistent about these last few seasons, but some of the simpler pieces are actually really pretty. That yellow draped dress on on Sessilee, the peachy-pink beaded dress on Du Juan and the gold beaded one on Abbey Lee are what stand out to me more than any of the busier pieces.

love the summery feel of this and i LOVE that sheer black dress on Behati

Different clientele, certainly.

I feel like I haven't been able to recognize Diane's work anymore.

I wasn't sure about it when I first saw the photos, but once my eye adjusted and certainly, once I saw some of it in motion, I changed my mind. :smile:

this collection is for the real new york city/south beach girl. plain and simple. dvf didn't take a risk with any of the looks here so it looks like she took a risk with the styling. hey, can you blame her? most of these dresses look so classically-dvf -- in the best possible way -- i almost feel like i've already seen them worn. i mean, substitute next season's loubou's and a clutch and you'll see that girl in almost every nightclub in almost every city in this country.

this collection is for the real new york city/south beach girl. plain and simple. dvf didn't take a risk with any of the looks here so it looks like she took a risk with the styling. hey, can you blame her? most of these dresses look so classically-dvf -- in the best possible way -- i almost feel like i've already seen them worn. i mean, substitute next season's loubou's and a clutch and you'll see that girl in almost every nightclub in almost every city in this country.

very true. Actually, I could afford not to click into this thread, knowing DVF will of course again, do a DVF. That who she is, and her customers are about.

Some nice pieces here love the beaded feather dress on Arlenis great piece but the rest of it is very overwhelming and loud with the styling, but definitely some classic DVF pieces here.

The all black outfits are nice but the rest are too hippie. I like the first swimsuit though.

some pieces are lovely and some are just over the top!

Some great outfits. I also liked some of the printed dresses which can look really nice with long cardigans.
Prints are pretty, very summery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->