Did Michael Jackson Invent The Moonwalk?

nope

it was james brown

mijax even admits he was most influenced by JB & sammy davis as a musical youth.

Spike413 said:
God, only in that family could Janet be considered the normal one.

Normal? I cannot get that boob - incident at the superbowl out of my head ! :lol: :lol:

Who really cares if Micheal Jackson didn't invent the moon walk. If everything creative was on copyright there would be no transition! Fashion for starters would severely disabled. If Micheal J copied it from some guy, then he sure did make it his own. That combined with everything else that made up the Jackson performance.

lady grey said:
it was james brown

mijax even admits he was most influenced by JB & sammy davis as a musical youth.

james brown did NOT invent the moonwalk....mj was influenced by brown but brown certainly wasnt the inventor....

Off topic but did anyone hear about one of the other Jackson brothers getting kidnapped by guerilla rebels while on vacation and he pretended to be a jamaican missionary so they'll let him go :rofl:...

Janet seems like the closest to normal this family will get :P

Nemova said:
with a sister like Latoya Michael needs no enemies.

Can't she just shut up, she's caused enough damage already. She says she's "starting over"...well, maybe she should stop being a b*tch and actually pretend like she is, shh..nobody needs to know she's still a wh*re.

*and on the side..if she really wants to start over..she needs a new wardrobe....*

Cammy said:
Im pretty sure he never said he invented it just became his trade mark when he first did it on some television show when he "debuted" his one glittery glove

Yea, and then people will say he didn't invent the glove but claims to..god...

:lol:

jackie wilson says

sugarpea said:
james brown did NOT invent the moonwalk....mj was influenced by brown but brown certainly wasnt the inventor....

nope, JB and jackie wilson and also likely sammy davis jr. all did a version of the moonwalk. mijax always says how much he learned watching those 3 on TV when he was a musical youth. what you call the moonwalk is just a dance called The Slide or the Electric Slide and JB definitely did a backwards electric slide with fast-moving feet.
and what exactly else has michael jackson invented? I like a lot of his & the jacson 5's music but Im not aware of him inventing anything? except maybe calling white wine 'jesus juice' and putting it in soda cans so as to fool airline attendants & his staff. he didnt invent the phrase 'jesus blood' for red wine, that is an old religious term in the mass comparing wine to jesus lifeblood.
I know what JB & sly stone invented, what did michael invent?

I don't think MJ claimed he "invented" the moonwalk. He was the one who catapulted it to fame all around the world and it's because of him that everyone knows that step be it called moonwalk or anything else. When it comes to dance, MJ is a god!

tru

true bluestar mijax took it from jackie wilson, jb & sammy davis jr.

The moonwalk is a break dancing move. When MJ first performed it in the 80s, it was already "old" according to urban standards. So maybe it was "new" to white people...but urban black and Latino folks already knew that dance. :wink:

fab_fifties_fille said:
tut tut, it was ME who invented the moonwalk :wink:

dangit, fabwoman, you stole my line - i mean, my dance move.
it was *I* who invented both the glove AND the moonwalk!

And it was *I* who invented sliced-bread, but I'm too modest to talk about that...

Hasn't this thread been gone through a thousand times? The moonwalk has existed for decades, probably even centuries, it's proper name is the 'backslide'....

Whether he invented it or not, no one can doubt the fact that Michael Jackson is truly creative genius. His eccentricalities make me admire him so much more. Anyone who's ever seen a concert of his, such as the Dangerous tour (which gave him a world record countless times for most attendees), will tell you that he can put on the most exhilarating and breathtaking show. His dance, the golden armor costumes, lights, gas, explosions, his duets with Slash and Slash's amazing guitar solos. He's produced some of the best music I've ever heard, he writes his own songs too. Music-wise, Michael Jackson is a god.

dangerous-tour_024.jpg
tour_dangerous_toaster.jpg

dtour12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that I invented the moonwalk? :o

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU ARE ALL MADD!!!!

IT IS I, WHO INVENTED THE BACKSLIDING MOON WALK- AND SLICE BREAD!!!

*and

IT WAS I WHO INVENTED BLINKING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->