Did You Go?

Missy44x

Reaction score
SoHo Boutique Sells Off Clothing Worn On "Sex And The City"

116416.jpg

MARCH 11TH, 2004

The show that made Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda fashion icons is getting rid of its threads.

Nearly 1,000 pieces of clothing worn on “Sex and the City” went on sale Thursday morning at the Ina Boutique in SoHo. Hundreds of women stood in line for hours to purchase the duds.

Prices ranged from $20 to thousands of dollars for dresses, shoes, hats, scarves, and more by designers like Chanel, Monolo Blahnik and Christian Dior.

Shoppers say they were excited to grab a piece of a television show they loved.

“This hat was in one of the Paris episodes, so I saw it and I just had to have it," said fan Courtney Mcleod.

"Everyone knows the show was a hit, so everyone wants a piece of history, of ‘Sex and the City’ history," said Ina, the owner of Ina Boutique.

Owners of Ina say the cast and costume designers shopped there often.

I thought that SJP had it in her contract that she gets to keep anything she wore in the show :question:

Originally posted by punkie@Mar 12th, 2004 - 12:41 pm
I thought that SJP had it in her contract that she gets to keep anything she wore in the show :question:
I dunno... this was reported on ny1.com :smile:

They said on Extra that the cast kept most of the clothing...but there was lots of other things that the cast didn't want. :smile:

Looked like fun!

First off- OMG- Marisa- that might be the best avatar I've ever seen!!

Hot 4 Screech!!

I :heart: SBTB If they had a SBTB sale, I would definitely go and snag all of those cotton minidresses that Kelly wore and some of the Lacroix-looking blazers that Lisa sported. I would absolutely aviod the the Jessie section :sick:

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Mar 12th, 2004 - 1:59 pm
First off- OMG- Marisa- that might be the best avatar I've ever seen!!

Hot 4 Screech!!

I :heart: SBTB If they had a SBTB sale, I would definitely go and snag all of those cotton minidresses that Kelly wore and some of the Lacroix-looking blazers that Lisa sported. I would absolutely aviod the the Jessie section :sick:
LMAO! :flower:

A longer piece on the same subject:

After Sex, There's Shopping
By Michele Gershberg

On Thursday, hundreds of women lined up outside a New York consignment shop, clamoring for castoff clothes from the trendsetting TV show "Sex and the City," which ended last month after a successful, haute couture-drenched, six-season run.

Well-heeled professionals and working girls skipped out on their jobs to buy some of the garments of the show's foursome -- Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda -- whose romantic escapades made it seem sexy to be over 30 and single.

"We had people offering us $1,000 to come and shop the night before," said Ina, owner of the downtown shop that bears her name.

Many of the show's signature outfits, from top designers few women could afford, have already been claimed by cast members. Other chic pieces were auctioned by cable network HBO for the actresses' favorite charities.

That did not deter self-confessed addicts from pawing through racks and bins of leftovers, hoping the aura of sexual adventure and outlandish couture would rub off on them.

"I'm in heaven. I'm just beside myself," gushed Chris Robillard, 31, as she triumphantly held up a pair of red-beaded strappy heels stuck with a $275 price tag.

"These really signify the show for me," she said. "I know they're Samantha's because I checked her size before I came."

A black sequined Chanel minidress was the priciest item at $5,000, while a pair of red silk hot pants was billed at $70. Many items were purchased by the show's costumers but never used, and Carrie's beloved Manolo Blahnik stilettos were nowhere to be seen.

Ladies who could not fit into the size "2" worn by actress Sarah Jessica Parker, who played Carrie, said they would be happy with a memento, or might resell an item online at online auctioneer eBay.

"It makes me laugh a little," said Karen Kim, 28, juggling seven garments, including a gray silk skirt with a trailing hem. "Women try to pick up cues from the show on how to dress and it doesn't always work. You end up being a lemming."

For die-hard collectors, several pieces carried a snapshot of the scene in which they were worn, or tags with written instructions by costumers, like a pink slip nightie Carrie donned during a late rendezvous with her Russian lover, Aleksandr Petrovsky, played by Mikhail Baryshnikov.

"I got Carrie's hot pants!" crowed Rene Ortega, brandishing the shiny pink trousers she insisted Parker wore in a favorite episode. "I've got no spending limit. This is a once-in-a-lifetime deal."

those prices were much steeper than they usually are at INA's...i don't care who wore it, $375.00...it's still too much money for a used pair of shoes...i'd rather get a better deal or spend the extra 100 bucks for a new pair...that' just me... :innocent:

I feel shallow just by reading the article. Help. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->