Dilara Findikoglu F/W 2023.24 : Mariacarla Boscono by Jordan Hemingway

It would have more impact if it had been shot on location. Like on volcanic beaches in Lanzarote or something. But I do understand that it is not so easy to produce such a campaign for a young designer.
The Versace campaign was shot in a studio too tho but it managed to convey much more depth. Here, Mariacarla is a bit overwhelmed by the set design, which is kind of lackluster. And the photography is too... that lighting, uff.

It feels she is still crazy mad that she didn't get the McQueen job, i guess...
She and her behavior are unsufferable and so are her clothes.

So she struggles to have the budget to show her collections on the calendar seasonally (even in look book form), but she has the budget for an ad campaign for a collection that's over a year old.

I find her to be a disingenuous hack and certainly clings to the idea of being a "designer" as a lifestyle, as most CSM alumni and in general other graduates and expats do.

Maria Carla is giving her all as she always does but the campaign is confusing not sure if they are selling perfume or a vodka. I agree its similar to the Versace but not as good.

I will risk being unpopular (and have just joined the forum 😇) but I think her aesthetic (and especially her logo) is definitely inspired by black metal music.
Welcome!!! ❤🌹

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojopupra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->