Dior Men F/W 2024.25 Paris

If 5-6 silhouettes in the entire 60 looks collection are acceptable, then men, we got a problem. We can see Kim is tired and his fatigue is turned into frustration and clinging to such literary motifs like ballet (I personally think there should be 20 years ban on collections "inspired by ballet") which he falls short on. Nothing is saving him: exotic leather, embroidery etc. It all looks sad and just costumey. Imho worst FW he has ever made and Kim tends to be better at FW than SS collections.

And the worst of all is that he presented it after Dries which shows clearly who is a luxury designer and who's designing luxurious items...

ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE!

You can’t have Prokofiev playing without having me thinking about that fabulous commercial by Jean Paul Goude for Chanel’s Égoïste fragrance!

With all that drama, that insane budget and those grand gestures, you would expect a fitting collection…And of course we got the opposite.

There’s one thing that I hate in menswear…And it’s seeing unrelatable, undesirable clothes only created for pure Drama purpose. Nobody looks good in Dior men Runway. Nobody will buy those pieces. Dior don’t have that kind of RO cult following where people don’t mind looking crazy for pure passion for the designer’s work.

For me, it’s a total fail. The set was fabulous and the music too but in terms of fashion, leave the weird cuts to JWA, Mr Jones!

I prefer MGC tbh. At least she has conviction. Nobody is believing in this!

I don't know how this guy will come out of his Dior experience...(and let's not even think about the "when"). Fendi blew in his face and his credibility is totally tarnished at this point.
How long will his - allegedly- pleasant persona open him doors that remain shut for designers more deserving and talented than him?
Supposedly, Kim being born as a menswear designer, this should be his best gig, and all we get is...this.

this is the kind of `designs` I really dislike>> single lapel, fat belt on the trenches, folded in (?) jackets, funny ribbons on the see thru organza tops etc etc etc...it is like being different for the sake of being different. It simply doesnt make the garment look prettier, classy, or desirable, or is it just me?
It does feel tired and hopeless even if most of the material used a likely to be more luxurious than that at AMI or Dries, I will take the latter two any time over this pile of clothes that will look dated after one season.

At least Pharrell is shamelessly commercial, I cannot even see how are most of these clothes able to sell.

Kim Jones should be banned from fashion. Please LVMH and Kering!!!!!! Atrocious, old fashioned… stuffy, boring, horrible designer.

I'm a shorts and ballet flats kind of twink but this isn't doing it for me. After watching this, I realised how pretentious Kim Jones is. Like MGC's collections, it lacks finesse. I agree they both need to leave ASAP

Until now I've had a soft spot for Jones's Dior -- I always found something to like -- but honestly, to hell with this abysmal parade.

Even if the ballet flats weren't horrible, and they are, they look cheap, which might be worse than just bad.

The doubled/elongated sleeves, which KJ has done before much better (e.g. as sashes a few years ago I think), look like Y-Project / Miharayasuhiro or even Thom Browne castoffs.

All of the colourful pieces are monstrosities.

But so are most of the monochrome ensembles: Just look at that poor model in white-on-white wearing the tights with straps hanging out (why are there suspender straps on a pair of $%&@#%ing tights?), with the pearl-encrusted neckline on the ugly columnar sheer top that will probably cost $6000 if it ever gets produced -- he is dressed like the sybaritic lapdog of a Hunger Games villain.

Even pretty recently, I used to look at runway shows to spot pieces I might want. Today I watch them for a laugh or to see what new depths the industry has plumbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->