Dior Men Pre-Fall 2021 Beijing

Solid Pre-Fall collection although I do prefer when Kim does more structured silhouettes. Kind of weird they used the same soundtrack from Dee-lite that Burberry used for their Holiday 2019 Campaign (Although they got Lady Miss Kier to do updated vocals).

Also love the Dmitry Brill hairstyle reference, could definitely see some guys rocking this look today!

It was totally worth to wake-up a bit early to watch the reveal yesterday morning...very cool and great energy.

Well the model may be negative to Covid-19 but they definitely positive to uglyhair-20. It's so distracting like I can't even focus on the clothes anymore.

Cool set. As for the clothes, it's just safe merchandise and accessories for the hypebeast kids to flex in the unboxing videos "hi guys, welcome back to my channel". Cause no grown men would be caught death wearing those ugly juvenile prints.

Fendi women future doesn't look really bright tbh.

It's a pre-collection, so it has every right to be unimpressive (although I think the overwhelming set and styling are concealing the beauty of some single pieces).

What really stands out, from this collection like from Balenciaga or Gucci, is how clear is the strategy to titillate the most infantile taste from their customers. The fashion discourse at large is already all about Gen Z (anyone older then 25 does not register in the heads of most marketing honchos); as this were not enough, though, the aesthetic is getting more and more cartoonish and cute-y (Japanese would say kawaii) by the minute.
Suits must not think that much about young customers' average intelligence and I guess, judging from the success these brands have, they are often right...

That’s one ugly print there!
With Kim Jones’s Pre and summer collections, the lines are more and more blurred between fashion shows and trunkshows.
This looks like it was designed by the merchandising team.

Pure fashion-victim stuff.

I am torn apart: his tailoring is amazing and I'd love to wear some of the suits myself and the shameless references to haute couture techniques are absolutely amazing (like this ancestral savoir-faire etc.). On balance, I have no clue about Kim Jones design whatsoever. He always explores someone else's ideas and work and just put them on the archival pieces (aka this disgusting narco-prints on saddle bag). I saw his work at Dunhill, Louis Vuitton and now Dior but has never been Kim Jones Dior but rather (fashion house) - by (artist name)- through the curating of Mr Kim Jones. That is his 10th collection and if we can see them put altogether we end up with basic, well tailored wearable pieces with irrelevant and funny prints/motifs. Nothing challenging, nothing interesting and certainly nothing exciting.

I bet he got bespoke scratchcard (a la National Lottery) and he is excited to find out which artist he will be "translating into Monsieur Dior's language" next.

I love it for the Deee-Lite reference alone (luckily, this is more World Clique than Dewdrops In The Garden), and the Chinese embroidery techniques. But as an overall presentation, I'm not feeling it. And as individual pieces, they're nice in your typical Kim Jones-ey, but not great.

Let's see here. Haring..Warhol..Basquiat..Tabboo..now Kenny Scharf. They're running out of 80s NYC artists with which to steal prints get inspiration from, no?

it reminded me A LOT of some Prada (Women’s RTW) previous collections.

like most have already said, a couple of interesting pieces but that’s really it. and the print it’s probably a little bit too trippy... but oh well, maybe one could only have fun with these clothes on, on LSD.

And I thought the collaboration with Stussy was bad? The prints here are just straight up appalling. At this point Kim is clearly just relying on collaborations and hype to sell pieces. Such lazy design.

Some BTS footage. I'm in the minority here, but the more I look at this collection, the more I like it. Not as good as this season's collection, but still good regardless.

^^^ Admittedly, seeing the coats and suitings as separates alway saves whichever label he’s designing for. If I were feeling particularly generous, I’d credit his “appeal” as that of the in-demand session musician, whom is a reliable source of competence when contributing on other artists’ work… but is so undeserving and so instantly forgettable as an artist: Kim is consistently forgettable as a designer.

He’s the epitome of bland/boring/basic when it comes to creative vision. I adore the Dee-lite/Dmitry hairbuns, but it’s all rather basic when it comes to referencing with Kim, isn’t it?

Its amusing they used so many black models considering china's opinions on dark skin. LOL Western companies are such embarrassments. anything for a dollar including dealing with China... and then Dior talks about feminism. I guess they overlook china's one child policy that ended up in dead girl babies. LOL

This is why I haven't shopped at Dior since Hedi left despite Christian Dior being one of my favorite designers ever.

This isn't really even designed enough to call it fashion it's just clothes with colorful accessories...

what in the world is LVMH doing? Kim shouldn't be at a couture house, LV was perfect for him. Hiring Virgil completely ruining LVMH's designer distribution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->