Dior resort 2007 New York

Keya said:
I especially like the last batch of pics you posted, Stilettogirl!

I cannot see the shoes well enough to comment on them, but dior shoes are almost *always* cute (though a little tacky sometimes, yes, but I :heart: them still) I agree that Chanel shoes often tend to be a bit "granny", but they're classic and often beautiful (apart from the shoes with the patent toes, I really don't care for those)

Granny? often yes, but in my mind they are more interesting than Dior..

I should post you one of my Chanel's.. they are awesome, Chanel with a huge Martin Sitbon twist (in the same time, I think they are prototypes.. maybe that's why they look so creative...)

I love everything but the gold lame/shiny pieces. Reminds me of an old lady in South Florida.:sick:

Plus I'm not a big fan of gold anything:lol:

But the rest of it is quite beautiful.:heart:

kimlan said:
Granny? often yes, but in my mind they are more interesting than Dior..

I should post you one of my Chanel's.. they are awesome, Chanel with a huge Martin Sitbon twist (in the same time, I think they are prototypes.. maybe that's why they look so creative...)

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion about both dior and Chanel, people have different tastes :flower: And I wasn't the one who brought up Chanel shoes being granny, I just agreed with the sentiment. I have Chanel shoes that I absolutely adore too, so obviously I don't feel that way about all Chanel shoes (mostly just the ones with the different colored toe)

Anyway, back to dior ^_^

Sorry, Keya, it wasn't against you... just that you were the last person I saw talking about "granny".... :blush: that s why I chose your post...
anyway I don't completely disagree (and don't completely agree)

To go back to Dior I am curious to see if there is a new opportunity for them to go towards both commercial and nice stuff.. once again I am not a big fan of Dior but what I see is interesting and to me, it is closer of luxury :wink:

^ right- I agree with both of you it's impossible to completely generalize- and is erroneous to attempt to in any situation

i really like the first batch of pictures that were posted. i'm not usually a fan of sequins or metallics, but these were done just right :flower:

i saw the whole collection at style.com and it is divine :heart: a lot of pieces i like. i don't think it's bland... still very Dior just toned done a bit. the dresses and coats especially kept my interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it looks like someone's first-time collection at ny fashion week (or weak..:P)

meh...sure it's "wearable" but does it have to be boring, there's some really good pieces though...but overall it's meh.

i will argue and say this is interesting for a resort collection...

Surprisingly wearable....much better than the FW2006 collection ^_^ Like the dress on Tiiu Kuik
:heart:

Pastry said:
i think it looks like someone's first-time collection at ny fashion week (or weak..:P)

True, but I'll take this over the gaudy disasters Galliano has been sending down the runways lately.

I don't really believe Galliano designed this collection. It looks like an assistant fresh out of design school did this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love some of the pieces, especially the dresses.

They are a little forgettable to be honest, but that doesn't distract from how wearable and appealing some of these pieces are.

It's a pretty good resort collection...a bit boring and bland but as usual I like the dresses

Mutterlein said:
True, but I'll take this over the gaudy disasters Galliano has been sending down the runways lately.

I don't really believe Galliano designed this collection. It looks like an assistant fresh out of design school did this.

some people say Galliano wouldn't be able to design anymore because of cocaine... I don't know if it's true... :blush: anyway, I think his studio is higly involved in design ... especially for cruise collection, supposed to be more commercial..

kimlan said:
some people say Galliano wouldn't be able to design anymore because of cocaine... I don't know if it's true... :blush: anyway, I think his studio is higly involved in design ... especially for cruise collection, supposed to be more commercial..
sometimes i think that and sometimes i don't want to.

wow:woot: there are really great pieces in the collection
i love it:heart: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->