As Four S / S 2004 - New York

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Sep 14th, 2003 - 2:13 pm
perhaps people arent ready for their interesting sillouettes
Really? :lol: It's the same as Doo Ri in the asymmetrical hemlines and toga-like theme. The only difference is that they put into foil.

Originally posted by Astrid21+Sep 14th, 2003 - 9:34 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Sep 14th, 2003 - 9:34 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-LolitaLuxe@Sep 14th, 2003 - 2:13 pm
perhaps people arent ready for their interesting sillouettes
Really? :lol: It's the same as Doo Ri in the asymmetrical hemlines and toga-like theme. The only difference is that they put into foil. [/b][/quote]
There is alot of structer in as four's clothes, there is soem smilaritey to doo ri , but I find the as four sillouette to be much more experimental.

whats wroung with foil, foil is great, helmut used foil? :blush:

but than again I lieks hiny things :blush: :lol:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 14th, 2003 - 11:38 pm
whats wroung with foil, foil is great, helmut used foil? :blush:

Did I ever say there was anything wrong with foil? :huh: No, I didn't. :wink: I was saying that the only difference in the Doo.Ri and As Four is that they used foil (or metallics) instead of silk and etc.

I've been a fan of As Four for the longest time. It's a maverick collection. Very sublime and powerful. You cannot NOT notice the clothes.

:huh: i'm sorry but i just cann't see similarities at AsFour's and Doo Ri's collections of this season
its like construction versus assymetrical draping :flower:

#1 I dunno, but I agree and they've changed ... A LOT ...
#2 I really-truly hope to see a lot of editorials on this collection ...cuz I know I dont need a crystal ball when I got Fashionspotters ...

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 15th, 2003 - 1:55 am
:huh: i'm sorry but i just cann't see similarities at AsFour's and Doo Ri's collections of this season
its like construction versus assymetrical draping :flower:
I was comparing the asymmetrical hemlines and toga-like theme. They aren't the same that's for sure, but they have common elements. IMO.

I'm with 'Strid that no matter what the background/lighting is if the clothes are bad they're bad.

Also, the thing about new 'intresting silhouettes', how can it be? The silhouetes here are very repeated and seen on runways before, IMO. :wink:

I too liked the white outfit, if anything is one sort of stood out to me, so maybe it was simply the "overload" of metallics. However I did enjoy some of the pieces.

i think its a terrible waste of 6 months to be honest. the clothes are ill fitting and badly designed :innocent:

These clothes look really fun to me. :heart:
While I probably would not wear these ensembles on a regular basis, a piece or two for the occasional night out would be just right. I think this is a hugely mainstream attempt, judging from their past.

I agree with Lo and Lena, these pieces will look great in the right edtorial. :king:

:o well well well......im coming back for MORE :evil:

asfour_1.jpg

asfour_2.jpg

asfour_3.jpg

asfour_4.jpg

Ah, finally something interesting. You can't help thinking that they are way more inspired than other American designers, that I generally find quite boring
(at least, the ones we get to see in Europe, and believe me, I look out for new American designers, because I want to find that one American designer that can blow me away. Which has not happened yet)

I generally find that American designers seem to be way behind most of the designers of the European scene. At least, it's VERY different, more conservative and too commercial.

I bet you Americans will cut my fingers off for this... But then tell me about the great American designers, I want to learn!

And by the way, they are the nicest people themselves. What a great snog, thanks for that, mr...

i think they are a joke, i can't believe this stuff is shown. its a perfect example of someone in NY kissing the right *** and having enough $.. (hello imatation of Christ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->