Di's Daring Dress Auctioned Off!

farou7a

Reaction score
THE famous dress that earned Princess Diana the nickname "Daring Di" was auctioned yesterday at £192,000, far above its expected selling price of £50,000. The taffeta gown was bought by Jorge Karur, the owner of fashion museum Museo de la Mode in Santiago, Chile.

"I know now that dress will be taken proper care of especially when you consider that it has spent the last two decades in a black bin bag in David Emanuel's garage,
" said auctioneer Kerry Taylor. "I spoke to Mr Yarur after the auction and he announced that upon his death, not only this gown, but all the other important Diana dresses he owns will be donated to Kensington Palace. I am delighted that one day this dress will come home. It's the perfect ending to a perfect sale."

The auction also included a replica calico toile of the Royal wedding gown which reached £20,400 and a pink chiffon blouse worn by Diana for a Vogue photo shoot which was sold for £26,400. The entire Emanuel collection, which included 30 lots, reached an impressive total of £282, 720.

"This has been the most exciting auction of my entire career, it was a tense and we had to fight for the bids and the competition was intense," reported Taylor. "We had a lot of interest from overseas as well as institutional bidding from the UK."

vogue.com

Attachments

• PrincessDiana_V_13April2010_pa_b.jpg
    PrincessDiana_V_13April2010_pa_b.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back