DKNY S/S 2010 by Nathaniel Goldberg

marilynv.jpg

marilyn agency

I feel like I'm just pouring out negativity today, but this is so sloppy. Showing off as many garments as possible is what it's all about now? They might as well have shot this backstage at the show.

This looks more like a catalog than a campaign.
Some catalog shots are even livelier than this. Boring!

Judging from previous comments I pretty much seem to be the only one but I actually like this campaign.
In my opinion, the shot suits the collection and its DKNY, just as DVF or Mulberry theyve always been a more "quiet" brand, so something like the Lanvin ad would - at least I think so - look like tried way too hard.
The campaign is what the brand is; plain, easy-going and soft. So for a customer who likes these attributes and identifies with them, I feel its the perfect campaign

It's growing on me, I like the colors and in comparison to what other labels came up with it's not that bad. It fits my "view" on DKNY.

The colour pics are slightly better...but still, what a waste of some decent models, just bloody standing there like statues in catalogue style poses.:huh:
I can remember when DKNY advertising was actually worth the wait, and this is just poor.

This is godawful. The styling's horrible, they look like Gap ads done by people even less creative than the people at the Gap, and the addition of two token girls is just so blatant and irritating that they'd have done better to go with an all-white cast. The Asian model's always wearing sunglasses, or stuck at the end, or BOTH? Really? And Gracie's so much better than this! The Pure ad is the worst, looks like they literally photoshopped Mathilde in.

Last edited by a moderator:
last one is actually okay they showed the best part of the collection

digital HQ from Harper's Bazaar USA February 2010 via journal-plaza.net

^ the girl wearing sunglasses is Han Jin, a korean model. I'm happy she's got a big campaign, though this campaign really sucks

^I don't think so. The campaign is boring, the cloths suck. The girls however look beautiful and prove that there is much more to them than this. I hope they'll all get better ads in the future.

i love the way they styled the clothes.. its everyday but still edgy and it clearly shows the clothing in a flattering way! i love the boyfriend blazers and the use of colored print! so chica

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->