Do You Have a Food Allergy/Intolerance?

caro said:
:yuk: I'm allergic to MSG. Although I suppose it really isn't a food but more of a food enhancer. Everytime I eat something with MSG in it, from lunch meat to chinese food, my stomach resembles a block of itchy, red and white colby cheese...Seriously, that's what it looks like! It takes me about a month to recover from the whole deal, as the next weeks my cheesy stomach turns into a dermatologist's nightmare...yuck!

You should think of this as a blessing. NO ONE should be consuming such a toxin.

Seafoods...., eggs... oh my.... it's all very tempting...but I have to take care of my skin.

gruveechik said:
unfortunately, allergic to all things SOY.
i've never met anyone else like that...
makes me feel sooo loooonely.
:cry:

:lol:

what sucks about being allergic to everything soy is that i'd love to be a vegetarian, but there's only so many beans i can eat for protein
& i love the texture/taste of meat, which TVP or other soy products replace
(allergic to gluten too - so gluten-based fake meat is out).

I know a whole family that's allergic to soy, if that makes you feel better :wink:

I am lucky not to have any food allergies or intolerances, but I am a bit of a picky eater. I did cut out coffee for staying awake purposes after I crashed in the middle of my constitutional history of England final exam :lol:

I'm deathly allergic to peanuts. Carry an epi-pen and all that, have to wear a mask on a plane because just the scent is enough to make my tongue tingle and my throat start to close up. I get hives if I touch something peanuts touched - I HATE it when a food store puts out samples of peanut butter cookies or people are giving their kids peanut butter crackers, which they then wipe all over creation. This is a new allergy for me (about 4 years, came on suddenly) and I feel horribly guilty for every time I snacked on peanuts in public without thinking.

Exposure to tree nuts have me reaching for the benedryll, and soy makes me feel very "off". I can't eat gluten in the states without terrible stomach problems, but have no problem in Europe, it's very strange.

I'm allergic to MSG. Although I suppose it really isn't a food but more of a food enhancer. Everytime I eat something with MSG in it, from lunch meat to chinese food, my stomach resembles a block of itchy, red and white colby cheese...Seriously, that's what it looks like! It takes me about a month to recover from the whole deal, as the next weeks my cheesy stomach turns into a dermatologist's nightmare...yuck!

what exactly is msg?

^ps- i know its bad stuff that gets put in chinese food but I was wondering what it's composed of

Im alergic to cats,dogs,dust,cheapmake up, loads of tollietries, hair remover cream.... so i guess if i ate any off these id be pritty ill lol :P

all though i am alergic to oranges they make me so hyper that i start hyperventilating long story lol and sometimes my eyes swell up

And also red cheese they dye gives me migraines ... infact alot of dyes and fod colourings have a simular effect

I'm doing one of those "narrowing down" diets, and we're trying gluten first, because I get sick after eating pasta and bread etc.

does anyone have any good sites for Gluten-Free? My mum's going crazy, we can't find anything:doh:

Adrina said:
Seafoods...., eggs... oh my.... it's all very tempting...but I have to take care of my skin.

You're allergic to eggs? Me too! I thought I was the only one...:D

Bleck5 said:
^ps- i know its bad stuff that gets put in chinese food but I was wondering what it's composed of

MSG = monosodium glutamate

From wikipedia:

Glutamate itself is a widespread amino acid: it is found naturally in human bodies and in protein-containing foods, such as peas, mushrooms, seaweed, tomatoes, fermented soy products, yeast extracts, nuts, legumes, meats and most dairy products.

Monosodium glutamate, sodium glutamate, flavour enhancer 621 EU food additive code: E621., commonly known as MSG, Ajinomoto or Vetsin, is a sodium salt of glutamic acid. MSG is a food additive, popularly marketed as a "flavour enhancer".

Dairy's my only food allergy. But, I like the taste of soy products better anyway. :smile:

Then again, my only other allergy is adhesive. Stickers, band-aids.. Gives me a rash. :(

I don't have any food allergies or intolerance to food. Considering the crap I've eaten, I think I have a stomach of steel. With that said, I do react to cheap metals in jewelry, etc. I can only wear pure silver.

VainJane said:
I don't have any food allergies or intolerance to food. Considering the crap I've eaten, I think I have a stomach of steel. With that said, I do react to cheap metals in jewelry, etc. I can only wear pure silver.

I react to that too! I had this necklace that I bought at a pawn shop that itched worse than anything else.

Skirt said:
Then again, my only other allergy is adhesive. Stickers, band-aids.. Gives me a rash. :(

Me too! And no one believes me. They always think it's a latex allergy, but it's not, it's the adhesive. Doesn't matter if it's latex or not, for sensitive skin, for babies, waterproof - it's all bad. I get a terrible, angry red raised rash that can last quite awhile. Once when I had an IV, the welts from the tape took over a month to fully disappear. It's almost like a burn.

The only brand that's never done it to me was some stuff I used in Belgium over the summer. If I can find the box I'll let you know what it is, maybe you can get it here too. I usually try to avoid bandages/tape at all cost, even if it means I walk around bleeding, but had a bad wound on my foot that needed covering, and this worked great with no reaction.

I get hives after eating anything spicy. I also get a really sore bloated stomach after eating corn chips.

I think cinamon:(...everytime i touch it or is on my skin I get hives...does that count??? :ninja:

Anastasia said:
Me too! And no one believes me. They always think it's a latex allergy, but it's not, it's the adhesive. Doesn't matter if it's latex or not, for sensitive skin, for babies, waterproof - it's all bad. I get a terrible, angry red raised rash that can last quite awhile. Once when I had an IV, the welts from the tape took over a month to fully disappear. It's almost like a burn.

The only brand that's never done it to me was some stuff I used in Belgium over the summer. If I can find the box I'll let you know what it is, maybe you can get it here too. I usually try to avoid bandages/tape at all cost, even if it means I walk around bleeding, but had a bad wound on my foot that needed covering, and this worked great with no reaction.

That's what happens to me! It's awful. :\

I'm deadly allergic to all nuts and products from nuts except almonds. If I eat a nut, my esophagus begins to swell and I cannot breathe. It's not the best thing in the world. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->