Do your feet fluctuate in size?

tangerine

Soviet Camaro
Reaction score
After years of having to occasionally return shoes that fit in the store but were too small a few days later, and noticing that some days any given pair of shoes (with the same thickness of socks) would fit tighter or looser than I remembered, I have come to the conclusion that my feet are not always the same size from day to day. I think they vary by as much as a half a size.

Has anyone else noticed this about their feet? Any strategies?

All I have managed to do so far is accumulate socks in many different thicknesses.

Not seeking medical advice here, just curious to know if this is a common situation, and what people do about it (if anything.)

I've known feet to shrink and grow in size during the course of the day. Your feet will be at their smallest in the morning but come late afternoon, they can swell up half a size more.

Not sure why feet would be smaller/bigger on different days though....could it be the time of the day that is affecting this?

Well, usually I just slog it out by wearing the shoe out (even if this means some initial pain!).

I always buy shoes after work because if I'm going to be standing for 9 hours, they have to feel good at that time of day.....

.......and sometimes when I drink too much they're swollen in the morning (especially that brown monster, bourbon:wink:) :innocent: which I know you like

Yep, alcohol does make feet and everyting else swollen. The body is retaining fluid... ;-)

And if you loose weight, you might also get skinnier feet. Not by much, unless you drop a huge amount of weight, but still.

Trying on shoes in the afternoon is the best way to go, because that's as big as they will get normally.

yes!! i think my feet are shrinking. i used to be a 7.5/8. now i'm a solid 7 maybe even a 6.5. i've talked to some of my friends and they tell me about their feet shrinking as well. one girl used to be a 6 and now she's a 4.

Mine are growing! I'm 26 so they shouldnt grow more!...Last year I got 39...before I always had 37-38...

Your feet get bigger or smaller throughout the day depending on if you're retaining water, if you ran or walked a lot that day, the weather, what kind of shoes you've been wearing right before, etc etc. Generally your feet are bigger at the end of the day.

I've found that my shoe size seems to have gone down a bit since a couple of years ago. I suspect that some shoe brands may be following the clothing brands and doing the "vanity sizing" thing!

Salt retention also makes your feet swell up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->