Doherty banned from BBC kids' shows

Ceptuouse

Reaction score
Troubled rocker Pete Doherty is barred from BBC children's TV because the network's bosses don't believe he's a good role model for kids.
The Babyshambles frontman isn't allowed to appear on any kids TV show on the BBC, and his manager Andy Boyd fears the ban could affect his record sales.
The ban was revealed on BBC reviews show Newswatch, when Tim Levell, the editor of BBC children's news bulletin Newsround, admitted, "We have an informal agreement we don't cover Pete Doherty at all - in fact, there is one across the whole of BBC children's TV.
"And if his management asked if he could be a guest on a Saturday morning show, we would say no as we don't think he is a good role model for children."
Boyd is appealing to the BBC to quash the ban, saying, "Kids who want to buy Peter's records will not buy them because the BBC are not supporting him. I would like their support, but it's not critical to his future career."
yahoo

'And now children, Blue Peter would like to welcome our special guest, Peter Doherty. Peter will be telling you how to make your own crack-pipe out of plasticine, a smarties tube and half an old Fairy liquid bottle...'

Err why is this a shock? Anyway do there have to be so many Doherty threads. Can't they all be amalgamated?

The Babyshambles frontman isn't allowed to appear on any kids TV show on the BBC, and his manager Andy Boyd fears the ban could affect his record sales.

Seriously, do a large amount of Doherty's fans watch children's shows? :huh:
And, on that note, has he even appeared on any kid's shows or is that something he's saving up for times when he's short on cash?

MarilynMonroe said:
Who cares, I don't think Pete was planning on going on a kids show anyway.

exactly!:rolleyes: i hate how any new 'petty' story surrounding Peter and the press HAVE to have it out, hes a rocker, he doesnt do 9am saturday morning kids shows, no thats for popbands and the like!
and its not like the beeb arent going to have him or BShambles on their more fitting adult shows, hes been on most nehoo

What what he doing on BBC Kids in the first place? He doesn't strike me as the Mr. Rogers type...:P

PrinceOfCats said:
'And now children, Blue Peter would like to welcome our special guest, Peter Doherty. Peter will be telling you how to make your own crack-pipe out of plasticine, a smarties tube and half an old Fairy liquid bottle...'

Later in the show, how to hot wire a car without getting caught by the old bill...

Was he supposed to be on a kids' show? Or is this a 'warning' in advance? :huh:

PrinceOfCats said:
:rofl: :rofl: Well, kids need to learn it somewhere jkjk :rofl:

'And to give you an idea of what yours will look like... here's one that Richard Bacon made earlier.'

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceOfCats said:
'And to give you an idea of what yours will look like... here's one that Richard Bacon made earlier.'

Classic! :rofl:

I really should read more of these rumour threads, you guys are funny. :rofl:

PrinceOfCats said:

The scary thing is, that would actually work. Tsk tsk PoC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5starnoe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->