Dolce & Gabbana Mens S/S 10 Milan

i love how this recession makes designers get down to their true dna. i enjoy how they continue to move things forward as best they can without being outlandish. while i didn't find anything truly explosive here -- except, maybe, that they do the "balmain jean" for men in a more interesting way (with the lining) than balmain actually does -- i did find the way they tried to incorporate larger trends from womens' ready to wear into menswear admirable.

those embroidered jackets for men seemed like the perfect foil for the wonderful craftmanship we saw at prada for fall. the glitter isn't just for the fashion girl in 2010. :blush:

00280m.jpg

style.com

00640h-2009.06.20.17.37.52.1007305_base.jpg

menstyle.it

The collection is ok, same old, but those ripped jeans are so tacky !

so when they said they were back to their real thing, they really meant it! this is DG to a100% like it hasn't been in seasons!! if recession=core business I'm allfor it!!
this may not be my thing at all, but it is fun to watch! you can identify he usual codes, heir real signature... and not all that classy-yet-innovative-and-press-eye-catching-wannabe stuff they had been giving us for some time already :smile:
menswear couldn't start any better!

Disappointment where? This is Dolce and Gabbana all the way and I love it. The unity between the menswear and womenswear is eye-catching. And the embroidery is extraordinary and something that we dont see much of. Great use of material.

I feel weird about it
why so much black?
is it spring or what?

not sure...^_^

The embroidered blazers are OK if that is your thing. I most certainly prefer these to last season's checkered hot pink/black etc. ugliness. That said, those types of glitter-y items do need a closer examination to pass the 'tackiness' test. They are loud, and some patterns are far more successful than the others. I am guessing these may be some left-over fabrics from the ladies' collections or the usual D&G archives since the recession price reduction was announced recently and it would only make sense to send such heavy-handed items down on the runway for a SS show.

I still HATE the ripped jeans. The are so awful and so 90s it makes me want to hurl. The shoes are flawless as usual, and I like the men-clutch! They are not your grandfather's mens-clutch that makes you cringe, but they are sexy and may really be useful, I daresay. I wish this liberation would be wide-spread and men would start using these, since I always have too much stuff to carry around, and huge duffle or doctor's bags are usually an overkill for an ipod, cigarette case and a bottle of cologne. Think about it fashion designers... think about it!

PS: If these two are trying to make Jesus the new Gandy, they are seriously disturbed. I wish Tom Ford would steal Gandy from D&G, and let this be the end of it really. But it is too late for that now.

As a whole it's disappointing and pretty ugly, but there are some things I definitely see myself wearing xD, I am thinking about getting my hands on one of those pouches omg, but it's a very awful collection

Wtf. Whats up with all those tacky, cheap, nasty and silly jackets at the end? One of them looks like a disco ball, the other looks like a Christmas Tree, another looks like a chess board and the rest look like mirrors.

The simple traditional suits are the only good pieces her, oh and that one denim jacket.

Do they have to have super-tight-underwear-only "outfits" every season? Its like they're proud to have big balls on their runway.

Its like they crammed everything in at once just for the hell of it.

The embroidered blazers are OK if that is your thing. I most certainly prefer these to last season's checkered hot pink/black etc. ugliness. That said, those types of glitter-y items do need a closer examination to pass the 'tackiness' test. They are loud, and some patterns are far more successful than the others. I am guessing these may be some left-over fabrics from the ladies' collections or the usual D&G archives since the recession price reduction was announced recently and it would only make sense to send such heavy-handed items down on the runway for a SS show.

I still HATE the ripped jeans. The are so awful and so 90s it makes me want to hurl. The shoes are flawless as usual, and I like the men-clutch! They are not your grandfather's mens-clutch that makes you cringe, but they are sexy and may really be useful, I daresay. I wish this liberation would be wide-spread and men would start using these, since I always have too much stuff to carry around, and huge duffle or doctor's bags are usually an overkill for an ipod, cigarette case and a bottle of cologne. Think about it fashion designers... think about it!

PS: If these two are trying to make Jesus the new Gandy, they are seriously disturbed. I wish Tom Ford would steal Gandy from D&G, and let this be the end of it really. But it is too late for that now.
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly

a typical Dolce & Gabbana men's wear colletion. hm, it's not my cup of tea.

This show is purely Dolce & Gabbana. The models are fabulous, the outfits are stunning and D&G did it again. I'm loving this collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->