Dolce & Gabbana Pre-Fall 2024 : Lulu Tenney by Steven Meisel

She looks fantastic! They really do wonders together and that rebranding/ team restructuring is the best thing DG could have done.
It really works.

Crazy how they kickstarted her career with a VI cover years and years ago and only now she's starting to get all the attention she deserves.

I knew the result would be amazing once I read the title. She's one of the only current models I could confidently place back in the 2000s and know she could hold her own alongside the 2000s icons/models. Her versatility and skill are so admirable, maybe because she seems outgoing and has mentioned early in her career that her goal was to be an actress. That drive, confidence, and ability to play a character is missing from most model nowadays it seems unfortunately.

I'm just not fond of a fragile look in any form, but it's always nice to see a model having a moment.

How the hell he does it so well most of the times?! That's why I'm obsessed with his work. It's SO him.

Evoking Rene Russo & Donna Mitchell in these - I can see how Lulu keeps inspiring Meisel. I’d like to see her in a movie eventually. I wish he would direct - challenge himself…

Crazy how they kickstarted her career with a VI cover years and years ago and only now she's starting to get all the attention she deserves.
US Vogue could’ve easily put her on their cover and made a cover story on her rising top model status but knowing how f**ked up the magazine is nowadays, they won’t

She's the last model to be photographed by Meisel for the VI cover under Franca Sozzani (that March issue was her's...). And her debut was that September issue that also looks like a farewell moment in fashion. I'm surprise how long her career went since then. Most of the girls with her look doesn't last long or you can only see them as regulars in high fashion/couture stories for five years. I'm so happy that she's having all these jobs! I don't see Lulu having an US Vogue cover because she's not nepo (the new and sad value that Anna Wintour set to be a top model), but I can see her landing international editions.

second shot is amazing, a little too much hair especially because it hides her a face on the first one imo.

I’m still to be overwhelmed by Lulu’s appeal but she looks great here.

I think what's so appealing about Lulu to fans of fashion even if she isn't exactly your visual "type" is that her work both in print and on the runway feels like that of a model, not that of a pretty, moderately tall girl with a well-connected family and an Instagram account. I agree with @Overindulgence, I could totally see her on a runway in the 2000s/early 2010s before the nepobaby/instagram model wave

I'm just so glad that the whole Raf/Willy CK exclusive years didn't ruin her career.

I’m an old school so yes 😆
Im rather confused about the relevancy of the big4 considering that without the validation of a major EIC and photographer, the dilution of the titles, are those accomplishments still relevant in a model’s career?
Of course Vogue is still a name that holds a great value but does it still changes the status of a model (if she is not getting a US Cover)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealexc69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->