Dolce & Gabbana Pre-Spring 2024 : Lulu Tenney, Yoesry Detre, Xu Meen & Habib Masovic by Steven Meisel

Will not complain about the same formula this time because the outcome is fabulous.

I'm actually not a fan.
It looks like it could be a Zara campaign. Not sure if it's the styling, the direction, or what. But it just feels over-airbrushed and emotionless.

Love it, reminds me of something one might have seen in a 2000s Vogue ed.

Lulu really is one of the very few of the new generation of models with an x factor. She seems to understand that, as a model, you need to give “something.” Maybe it’s her close work with Galliano recently - maybe he’s given her some perspective and insight as to what a model can and should do. It’s really not just looking pretty…it’s so much more. Of course, she is exceptionally beautiful.

The color photos are fun, although I don’t care for the clothes and floral headpieces. Lulu still brings it. But the black and white photos are GORGEOUS.

Last edited:
I assume this is the menswear campaign for Pre-Spring, starring Yoestry Detre:

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Fashion Editor: Karl Templer
Hair: Guido Palau
Makeup: Pat McGrath
Creative Direction: Fabien Baron

a1_2.jpga1.jpgc1_2.jpgc1.jpg

dolcegabbana.com

I love his hair in some pictures (1st and 2nd) but in others it looks to "fluffy"?

While I do appreciate the men's campaign, the newly released images of Lulu are simply incredible! This particular part of the campaign appears to be credited as the Spring/Summer 2024 DNA Collection on the website.

2024-SS-DG-DNA-Collection-001.jpg 2024-SS-DG-DNA-Collection-003.jpg 2024-SS-DG-DNA-Collection-004.jpg 2024-SS-DG-DNA-Collection-002.jpg
dolcegabbana.com

This campaign is amazing!! Lulu really nailed it.

Kind of odd to see Yoestry not wearing shoes in the full body shot when Lulu is styled to the nines from pretty much head to toe.

A clear example of why black and white photography is often superior. Not a fan of the latest shots.

DG as designers are moving into their Legend status - doing it for 40 years atp. Its amazing to see how concise their vision has become after flailing for a few seasons.

The menswear ad looks boring. Meisel could have done better than that.
Even the full body shot, which meisel is usually good at, looks very stiff. Maybe a little color will help.

Where is the Meisel magic touch in the color photographs of the men's campaign? Any other photographer could have shot those images.

a single girl campaign, while men's has multi cast. Love this concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->