Dominique Swain

musegirl

Reaction score
She's not very well known but she's famous for her role as Lolita in the 1997 remake.
Screencaps from the film (when she was 14/15)
lolita108.jpg

lolita154.jpg

lolita194.jpg

that film made me cry :cry:

lolita47.jpg

lolita49.jpg

her with jeremy irons in 'lolita'
all pics from dominiqueswain.org

lolita24.jpg

lolita5.jpg

has anyone else watched this movie? it's pretty obscure but it's heartbreakingly beautiful

Yes I watched it. I loved the clothes she was wearing but found it very vulgar. Sorry.

I completely adore her! I've seen all of her movies. I think she's just beautiful but especially in Lolita. I always joke that she's the only girl I'd go lesbian for!!

oh i love that movie and the book specially!Dominique is perfect Lolita:smile:

yup she looks really odd now. i don't like her new look at all :(
ds_ew01.jpg

ds_esq01.jpg

dominiqueswain.org

I loved her in Lolita, she was soo beautiful!! What has happened to her though, nowadays she looks gross...
I am exited to see her in "The pacific and Eddy" though, hopefully it will be good

However she was born in 1980 and the movie has been made in 1996 so she was 16

I liked her so much back in the movie Lolita.
But she never looked that great from then on, which is really sad.

She's kinda like Alicia Silverstone,who also doesn't look that great anymore...

I would first like to say thanks for this thread.:flower: She is an amazing actress and her performance in Lolita was a "tour de force".I think Dominique is also a great proof that Hollywood dosent nurish,respect or know what to do with a great talent.I am so sorry she is not a bettre known actress and that she dosent get bettre roles and maybe in the future she will i sure hope so.She has more talent than Lohans,Duffs.etc!:innocent:
Thanks to all that posted pictures!:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love her in Lolita. It's my favourite movie AND book, and I think she was perfect for the part. I like the remake better than the original movie too.

^^Yes i agree,Kubrick was a genius but Lolita was not his best work and the remake is a lot bettre and does the book justice as do the actors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alice730
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->