Donna Karan F/W 09.10 New York

I would buy that brown studded jacket on Anna S.
So chic with an edge.

This collection is very mature, perhaps a response to the current economic climate? I have a feeling her typical clientele will love it. It uses all her signatures and is very Donna. Total recession-proof collection.

Totally gorgeous.

Love the kind of 1940's feel of the clothes so far...can't wait to see more!

i thought she wasnt staging a show but doing a small presentation instead....

that, the runway pics on the ads... it all sounded very bankrupt, but i guess the situation is not that bad if she is doing a runway show. so far the clothes dont look too focused. i don't see ONE direction, nor something that i can totally spot as truly donna karan... bland

But she often does something other than runway ... I think she must not like something about the process.

i dunno about this, anna s's coat is really nice but some of the other pieces are not so great..maybe it's the hemlines :(

oq9cf8.jpg
e9ycfc.jpg

302yjiu.jpg
2r57zmu.jpg

15wj813.jpg
2rnctqh.jpg

Source: NYmag.com

this really reminds me of Tom Fords Gucci FW 2003 collection but this collection has hideous pilati pants

Where it's good, it's soooo good (the gowns, the coats and jackets). Where it fails for me is with a lot of the skirts. So many of them would've looked infinitely better if they were brought up to right under the knee-cap instead of mid-calf. It still would've created the long line she was clearly going for, but in a much less dowdy proportion.

Overall though I am a little disappointed. Her pre-fall was so strong, so sexy, so Donna, but with a slightly younger feel to it. This keeps a lot of that mood, but she lost that contemporary edge.

yeah her pre fall was much better , her fall 2008 was better than this . The banana trousers were a put off for me , I much prefer the wide leg pants she usually put outs

The draped gowns are gorgeous and I adore the fur accents on the jackets. I'm not a huge fan of all the brown but it is growing on me with each look. The bauble necklaces are great, as are the bags but I'm not sure how I feel about them on the skirts. Some just look too heavy for my taste.

I think I just died and went to fashion heaven after seeing this whole collection.
Above my expectations. The shoulders in particular... I just love it. I really just can't get enough of the 80's shoulders this season. And of course the draping is just beautiful...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->