Donna Karan New York S/S 2025 New York

A brand relaunch, with no creative director. A team designs everything, to sell in Macys with the clothes being cheap and looking cheap. This “mainline” relaunch and DKNY is sold at the same price and it shows.

I just wish they’d stop trying to act like Donna herself is designing this (I only found out she’s not through Vogue’s review), or at least make it less cashgrabby by being more serious about things.

Sad clothes, a depressive mail-to order catalogue like lookbook...and they want to reboot this brand this way??

5e523cc173fe744e5e9f9dafcf6f8925.jpg

F/W 1996 is my favourite collection from her...those devoured velvet long dresses!! What a sad reboot!!

pinimg.com

They could have edited this down from 46 to say 30 odd looks to make it more concise.

It is a bit "old fashioned" but I kind of appreciate it...? The ease of its sensibility is welcoming and there's a sharpness to it all that I think is missing from a lot of NYFW designers. Perhaps they should have called Narciso Rodriguez or maybe even Ommeslaeghe. That being said, I think I would rather see a Narciso collection in general than him at Donna Karan so yeah maybe not the best idea.

this brand is so stuck in the past, even the campaigns look like ads from the 2000s (including using the same models), but ngl i kinda love it. makes me nostalgic for the old NYC fashion scene (before it died)

Not sure what's being propositioned here that couldn't already be found somewhere else, if it's made in USA I could see an argument for supporting local manufacturing but if not... it's just more landfill. DK is still alive and well with Urban Zen which is way more interesting that this.

It feels like a desperate attempt to regain her place in the American fashion scene, I see a lot of Ralph Lauren and Michael Kors colour palettes, even the Carolina Herrera shirt dress. Although I must admit that it is an elegant vision for the New York working girl without giving in too much to the casualness of oversized silhouettes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizbtch
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->