50703996id0.jpg
54532888bo3.jpg
84909272xw5.jpg
11610908pn5.jpg
82687409ld7.jpg
63003158pp4.jpg
15926797wu9.jpg
72654531io9.jpg

Languid, not loose, is how Donna Karan described her pre-fall collection. Natural colors like moon, shadow, and winter haze--neutral and shadow tones largely based on ecology and global warming, the designer said--dominated for pre-fall, which marked a return to relaxed silhouettes. "It's very Copenhagen," said Karan of the collection's Rembrandt-cum-Northern European quality. "It was about embracing cities not as urban as New York or London but where they still wear exciting fashions. Nothing is ever matched." Lightweight wools, washed silk charmeuse, Mongolian lamb, washed moleskin pants, and felted shearling were the favored fabrics for the collection, which boasted a fluidity to them--including the poetic musketeer blouses and the slim-cut pants--and while layered, gently skimmed the waist. Après-ski was a recurring theme for Karan as well. A Mongolian lamb coat with fur sequins was a standout, as was an evening gown featuring a cascade of mossy beads and relaxed elegance. "The line has a linear quality to it," said Karan, "infused with an organic feel that I always bring to every collection."

fashion week dailyl

I quite like this actually. With the exception of the berets (which are too LV for comfort), this has a slightly primitive feel to me, kind of urbane huntress.

This is quite beautiful and quite hip... I think the use of fur here is rather interesting and not just gratuitous.

Very sophistcated for Donna. But its a bit boring, especially the colours, she should have done something brighter.

Is that Romina btw?

Wow I did not expect such a different look from her very nice.

Berets aside, I find this absolutely lovely. The first 2 looks remind me V.W.'s Angolomania line.

Donna has been on a roll lately... :woot:

a perfect collection, besides te soes and te palette...but i definetely feel rick owens!

I love them! Kind of slim sihouette and very strong inside.

outfits 4, 5 and 7 are my favourites. the mixed with fur scarf looks so chic and comfortable!!!

wow, this is really youthful for her. I love it! those shoes are so 60's and fantastic.

thanks for posting miss_nyc

Last edited by a moderator:
surprisingly parisian... dare i say quite diorfw07-like specially 3rd and 7th looks

(i am of course talking about the collections that got to the stores that was basically black, white and grey... not the colourful joke on the runway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->