Donyale Luna

i love her look. she was stunning. she looks like a lighte/lankier jourdan dunn to me. As for the she denied her race, mexican was not white when she was big. Hispanics faced a lot of discrimination. most mexicans are not white. Its nice to see she was the first mexican and first black to be on the cover.

i asked her daughter what her ethnicity was. Donyale had some Native American at best.; dream could not assure this.She prob had some white in her---as most Afro-Americans do. Everything specific isn't true. However---she wanted to be a star. She knew if she was simply black, she couldn't be one. I still love her.

i asked her daughter what her ethnicity was. Donyale had some Native American at best.; dream could not assure this.She prob had some white in her---as most Afro-Americans do. Everything specific isn't true. However---she wanted to be a star. She knew if she was simply black, she couldn't be one. I still love her.

I still love her too, and do not condemn her like many others do.
I believe she mas multi-ethnic, judging by her photos and the photo of her father in the book by Dorothy Wingo. Looks Native American and Hispanic.

I still love her too, and do not condemn her like many others do.
I believe she mas multi-ethnic, judging by her photos and the photo of her father in the book by Dorothy Wingo. Looks Native American and Hispanic.

Donyale was black. Her family has made this very clear. I should think they would be the best authority on this.

donyale.jpg

ebay

Donyale by David Bailey for British Vogue in 1966. Scanned by me.

Attachments

• british_vogue_april_1_1966__donyale__bailey1.jpg
    british_vogue_april_1_1966__donyale__bailey1.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 21
Donyale is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

Have you seen her Fellini's Satyricon? Truly amazing albeit too brief. No one else could have played that role!

PATTY PRAVO - Michelle - feat. Donyale Luna 1969

Donyale Luna * The First Black Supermodel

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->