Dovile Virsilaite

Stunning stunning stunning..... Can't believe I haven't found out about her earlier than one or two months ago.... Aymeline is type-wise a bit like her.....
Another thing i can't believe is that she's not doing better.....
Wishing her a good season, although I don't expect her to book up a storm unless a big designer takes a liking to her (again).

Stunning stunning stunning..... Can't believe I haven't found out about her earlier than one or two months ago.... Aymeline is type-wise a bit like her.....
Another thing i can't believe is that she's not doing better.....
Wishing her a good season, although I don't expect her to book up a storm unless a big designer takes a liking to her (again).

It's never too late! :P

And yes, her career took different turns... From beginnings with Meisel and Vogue Italia, plus some good campaigns to more anonymous work though it remain rather consistent through the years (Amica, Elle Italia, Marie Claire US plus a decent amount of sustainable campaigns etc.). She had taken more the commercial route in her late years but it seems fashion is back among her priorities (or her agency's).

I agree with the comparison with Aymeline, kinda similar bone structure and face shape, even nose. Only thing that really separates them is their gaze and the vibe I get from them.

She's got an editorial in the newest French Revue de Modes as well as the cover of Stiletto Magazine (another french publication, haven't seen if she's got a spread inside though). The one in French is gorgeous.

^ it is !
here's a snap I took :flower:

tumblr_lsjehcmCUD1qc7nxuo1_500.jpg

Title: Affairs of the Estate
Magazine: Mojeh September/October 2011
Model: Dovile Virsilaite
Photographer: Federico de Angelis
Stylist: Raquel Franco

noirfacade

.......and another fantastic editorial, she is almost unbeatable in her print work.
Always extremely interesting and such a direct look in her eyes. Daring you to look away almost.....which is a tough one to be fair.
Thanks for the pics maimon :flower:

She's so much better than many top working models (Hello Anja and Kasia!), such a shame hardly anyone who matters recognizes her limitless capabilities.

^ I know what you mean and I totally agree. Dovile is kind of exceptional and has such a wide range of abilities that fit from high end commercial jobs to most prestigious editorials. But somehow I'm already happy she is a little more "back on the map" and I expect to see more of her very soon. The editorial in French RDM magazine is very good, too bad we only have one preview pic... but all in all I believe her greatness and the increasing interest in seeing women in fashion can help her getting more and more. Provided she is one of the greatest ever.

Don't know if that has been mentioned here or even posted (I'm quite sure not) but she has an editorial in Vogue Turkey, October 2011 if I'm not mistaken, with a blond wig. Quite a good one, too bad I'm not able to scan it but pictures might be available somewhere on the internet.

Photographer is Cüneyt Akeroğlu. I tried on google and on his website but couldn't find the pictures. Stylist is Ece Sükan, maybe we should have a look there as well. All in all it's a pity we don't see more of Vogue Turkey or HB Turkey online, both magazines are great and still underrated for the quality they display.

^Thank you. Cuneyt will certainly share the pics with blogs as usual. We have just to wait :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->