Dries Van Noten Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

I was expecting it to be a the child of men SS2015 and men FW2016, nonetheless it's still flawless from start to finish. His career is like those silver foil pieces on the runway, monochromatic but always shining in the purest way, never tarnished.

One of my fashion loves, always !!! :lucky:

I thought the silver bits on the runway were meant to mirror autumn leaves, an end, and passage of time. It was cool how it was tied to silver hair on the mature models and the soundtrack. That it also worked as celebratory was really impressive to me.

Amazing. Beautiful. A really great send off for a legend, one of the few designers of his era still working (or was, sadly)

Last edited:
My expectations were incredibly high because if we had to be without his talent then we deserved a memorable goodbye and I was not disappointed one bit. For me Dries meant beauty, grace, and experimentation, all of which this collection had in abundance with the weightless fabrics in interesting colors, patterns and combinations, rich cast and soundtrack.

Goodbye and thank you Dries, your mastery will be missed :heart::flower:

It’s a good farewell because he is leaving on his terms, doing the clothes he wanted.

Solid collection and a fabulous cast.
I started to buy Dries in 2009 and really for me, he is really the designer who sublime the everyday life. And it is a brand we really enjoy my husband and I.
He has always presented women and men in a very dignified way.

He will be missed but I’m glad that he will still be involved somehow in his house.

For me, the magic of Dries is really in his store Rue Malaquai with the fabulous staff and atmosphere. He has created and amazing full world.

He deserves that retirement far from the circus of fashion and it’s good that the community celebrated him that way!

Aurevoir Mr Van Noten!

This brought back so many feelings for me, of discovering and wearing his clothes. I bought my first Dries pieces in 1995. I recall they were a baby blue shirt, and a cerulean sweater. Years later, I visited his beautiful store in Antwerp and discovered a beautiful chemise in just the perfect shade of aubergine, with a silk rosette on the front that you could detach to dress it down a bit. Oh, the memories.

Wearing Dries might not have made you feel cool or of the moment, but he made you feel yourself, dignified and comfortable. It almost doesn't matter what he showed in this collection, he's proven himself many many times over. Bravo!

My secret wish is Christian Lacroix to succeed Dries ....
Olivier Theyskens a fellow Belgian is my wish
Patchwork brocade coats with tons of silk fray edges, long gypsy floral dresses in velvet, dark plum eye liner pencil...

But based on Puig group track record, Julien, Wes Gordon, Harris Reed... it would be someone younger

Olivier Theyskens a fellow Belgian is my wish
Patchwork brocade coats with tons of silk fray edges, long gypsy floral dresses in velvet, dark plum eye liner pencil...

But based on Puig group track record, Julien, Wes Gordon, Harris Reed... it would be someone younger
But someone chosen by Dries, that's a a reinsurance.

not my favourite collection from him however, one can still tell the uniqueness and talent that still breathe under his creations.
thank you Dries, you will be missed.

Sorry to break your hearts, but according to WWD, Dries will have no say on choosing his successor:
“We looked at the brand, its heritage and archive and we said, 'OK, there is enough material that the brand can continue to exist and that maybe other designers can look at our heritage and do something very interesting with it,'” he said.

As reported, the women’s spring 2025 collection, to be presented in Paris this fall, will be done by the studio team. It is understood Van Noten will not play a role in the selection of his successor or successors.

To be sure, future creatives at Dries Van Noten arrive at a house synonymous with ravishing colors, striking prints and dignified dressing tinged with exotic details and embroideries. The legacy he leaves includes a formidable supply chain that includes a network of embroidery houses around Kolkata, India.
WWD

wasnt really following his world but this is a great last collection. the colors are everything.

Official Runway Video from Dries Van Noten's final show (Run Time: 8min)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->