Dries van Noten

This whole thing has Puig written all over it...red 100 emoji. I was seriously hoping he'd be the one designer that can sign on to these multi-brand conglomerates, and yet still have the know-how to say No to whatever projects they throw his way. While the fragrance can make a nice complement to his work, I highly doubt his fans ever asked for a tube of lipstick.
Yes the lipsticks couldn’t be more odd but I think they were inspired by Louboutin. They have the license for Louboutin beauty and I must say that the lipsticks, the nail polish and the perfumes are great there.

But yes, those products does not really resonate with «Dries ». They tried the beauty with Gaultier and it failed (maybe it was too avant garde for the time).
But I wonder if he will have flagship fragrance or if they will go for the niche right away. Niche is doing great now and let’s be honest, in the past few years, Fashion brands have had a hard time installing flagship commercial fragrances (think Gabrielle and Joy) while their niche fragrances continues to sell well.

But I see more candles or homewear for Dries than beauty. His European stores have a real personality.
When I see what Loewe is doing, that’s maybe the route he should take…And if he wants beauty, more products related to the perfumes than lipsticks…

I would consider a Dries lipstick :kiss: At the least, you'd think he would have interesting colors. I have to say, though, my lipstick use has gone down significantly during the pandemic. If I'm on camera for work and need to put on a mask for errands the same day, that's the only time lip color and masks meet in my world ...

^ same, I used to run out of lipsticks all the time.. now I cannot find a single lipstick sometimes and definitely don’t recall buying on in the last 2 years, it’s sad.. I’d just put on bright lipstick and slightly bigger jewelry when I didn’t feel like making an effort getting dressed in the morning lol, now it’s like.. always an extra effort because of the stupid mask.

Remember the bright orange/pink lips he used to have in his shows often? count me in if he does that. I also have a good feeling about the perfumes. Everything but his womenswear, I’ve officially given up on that (but not completely on his menswear!).

While I don't now nor never (I know: just say No to triple negatives!) associate him w/ make-up, I doubt he'd be all half-***ed about it, and come up w/ some fabulous shades. I can see him developing the most perfect shade of red you've ever seen.

Funny...I gave up on his menswear for the most part, but his womenswear still runs the aesthetic gamut from good to gorgeous! Because I gotta have faith, faith, faith..

Hmmm...a Dries jewelry line? Now that, I can get down with (but please, no diamonds.)

^ Mmm, I feel like you're totally right about the perfect red! I can see Dries getting all science-y about it. And the perfect bright pink would be great too!

I haven't been tracking the womenswear lately ... all I have is a pair of Dries dress pants that I currently have no need for & I'm sure no longer fit :rofl: My issue was always that he's too printy. I used to be into prints when I was younger, but I've become super picky and they're few & far between in my wardrobe now. I feel like prints want to wear you rather than the other way round ...

I can't believe they're doing a thing with Stussy.

Lacroix, yes I can understand, they made sense together and it was actually great but Stussy? It could surprise us but I'm not optimistic since it reads as a Puig cash grab.

not sure if this counts, but I bought what I'm fairly certain is a S/S 2007 Dries dress off ebay! It's arrived now and is GORGEOUS, it has the shape of this dress from look 30 of the collection and the colour and texture of the jacket from look 55. It's not exactly strappy dress season here so it will have to go over a tshirt/under a jacket for the time being haha.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600w.jpg dries SS07 lk55.jpg dries SS07 lk30.jpg

But I see more candles or homewear for Dries than beauty. His European stores have a real personality.
When I see what Loewe is doing, that’s maybe the route he should take…And if he wants beauty, more products related to the perfumes than lipsticks…

Imagine DvN blankets or cushions, those would be amazing. And potentially bring in customers who might not personally wear a lot of Dries-style colour or prints in their outfits, but be happy to have it in their homes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->