Dsquared For Celine.. Possible

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Renzo Rosso, jeans genius
Suzy Menkes IHT Tuesday, September 30, 2003
MILAN If the design duo behind Dsquared were to cooperate with the French company Celine, it would be yet another feather in the cap of Italy's Renzo Rosso, who for 25 years has been a fashion innovator.

Dean and Dan Caten, the twin Canadian-born designers for Dsquared, declined to comment Monday about a possible commitment to Celine, owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton. Jean-Marc Loubier, CEO of Celine, said that Dsquared was among many designers contacted. But if the Catens have emerged from underground status to major fashion players, it is thanks to Rosso and his support ...

They're above Celine.. they should not. :wink:

hmm , I despies d squared, I dount think they would fit at celine especially after the whole MIChel K style that has been brought in

I hate them so much. Their clothes are so horrendous, cheap, tacky, etc. The Celine image and the Dsquared image are complete polar opposites.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Oct 4th, 2003 - 10:03 am
I hate them so much. Their clothes are so horrendous, cheap, tacky, etc. The Celine image and the Dsquared image are complete polar opposites.
exactly!

Exactly! Opposites, but I do get a feel they have a little sophisticated style in them. :wink:

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Oct 4th, 2003 - 2:04 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Oct 4th, 2003 - 2:04 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@Oct 4th, 2003 - 10:03 am
exactly! [/b][/quote]
ditto.

d squared recent collection looks like costumes from the set of crybaby

celine goes trailor trash? only time will tell.......

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Oct 4th, 2003 - 8:23 pm
d squared recent collection looks like costumes from the set of crybaby

So true, a real dissapointment. The collection was like putting them within the ranks of Heatherette and D&G whereas they are suppose to be within thier own rank (sexy sportswear). :doh:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Oct 4th, 2003 - 9:03 am
I don't hate them, but you're right.

LVMH are looking for headlines and publicity. Michael Kors hasn't had that much media attention on him for the past few seasons I think (not as much as he had in the beginning, with news of Celine producing the 'It' bag and all). I think they're trying to get hip and trendy with Dsquared *rolls eyes*. I don't like them either but I guess someone in the negotiations knows what they're doing (or at least thinks so).

From Fashion.net
DSquared To Celine?

Who knows what the story behind Michael Kors' exit from Celine
  really is (some say he's getting axed, others that he wants to
  concentrate on his own label), but now it seems that the company
  has chosen his replacement. WWD reported last week that brothers
  Dan and Dean Caten of label Dsquared are in negotiations with
  LVMH, and claim that they would be thrilled to take over Kors'
  duties. Time will tell.

I know they can do Celine. :wink: They, probably, will do something much more sophisticated for Celine and I think they can because, not only is Celine known as a rich-girl's Gap (doesn't that give you guys any clue? Both specialize in sportswear :rolleyes: ) , I've seen underlying clues in some pieces and it's a treat for them to brach out in more 'sophisticated' areas of creativity (which is a weakness of almost all designers). B)

I just hope I don't get my hopes up too high. And, yes, I'm only intrested in what they will do Celine, not shopping the clothes (never was a fan of the Celine label).

I don't hate them I own a pair of their jeans and cargo-style pants, but err Celine :sick: And their new collections leaves a lot to be desired. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO FASHION! :o

I hate talentless designers with deep pockets and plenty of connections that allow them to produce such crap. :doh: It's not fair to poor but brilliant fashion students/graduates who are struggling to swim upstream. :( Dsquared should be sent back to fashion school. Anybody know which school/s they attended?

Originally posted by contessacolette+Oct 6th, 2003 - 2:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(contessacolette @ Oct 6th, 2003 - 2:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-LolitaLuxe@Oct 6th, 2003 - 1:30 pm
did they attend design school at all? :huh:
that might even be the case! :lol: [/b][/quote]
I dount think they did, but nietehr did gaultier and he is genius

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Oct 6th, 2003 - 3:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Oct 6th, 2003 - 3:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by contessacolette@Oct 6th, 2003 - 2:33 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-LolitaLuxe
@Oct 6th, 2003 - 1:30 pm
did they attend design school at all?  :huh:

that might even be the case! :lol:
I dount think they did, but nietehr did gaultier and he is genius [/b][/quote]
see i wish there were more Gaultiers in our midst...
someone with lots of talent must be given the opportunity to showcase it

there's nothing worse than supressing one's talents and abilities. imagine all the regret later in life!

I actually think they did attend a design school, it was in an article somewhere in a magazine I have. Can't remember which one though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->