Dsquared2 Underwear F/W 2021: Michael Yerger by Christian Oita

Lol... I remember back in the day when they used to use Wonder Bread to stuff underwear packaging for advertising, since it was so easily molded and conformed to existing 'parts.'

This reminds me of that.

That second picture looks so fake!

He’s so hot lol. And the fact he’s just done the D&G underwear campaign too…

Most of his work so far implies his penis looking trough his crotch, it is becoming cliché, like almost reducing his appeal to that as if he was a p*rn actor. He's got a great high fashion face, they should try zooming it with different angles and dress him for a once... give him a chance with something like that too.

Most of his work so far implies his penis looking trough his crotch, it is becoming cliché, like almost reducing his appeal to that as if he was a p*rn actor. He's got a great high fashion face, they should try zooming it with different angles and dress him for a once... give him a chance with something like that too.
With a body like that trust me it'd be very difficult to market him in a different light unless his management decides to take that risk. Having a strong muscular body (and a big bulge) is the male equivalent of a voluptous female body.

With a body like that trust me it'd be very difficult to market him in a different light unless his management decides to take that risk. Having a strong muscular body (and a big bulge) is the male equivalent of a voluptous female body.

That doesn't happen to women as long as they don't have a commercial face. Lara Stone is the first example that crosses my mind and she was never over-exploited that way, she has variety in her portfolio in that sense. His face has the same appeal Marlon's, Francisco's, David's faces have... they are not your typical American Eagle Walmart poster guy. He could do some Dior too. A lot of people here, specially gay men, complain every male RTW season they are tired of seeing ectomorphs walking down the runway... and they want guys like this instead, still every time the industry doesn't stop reducing them to this... they don't mind at all as well, and we have to keep reading about how horny they are among other cringy things.

Emily R made quite the effort to become not only unbearably PR-hungry but also a terrible model, it takes patience to embody the worst aspects of a given culture...this guy, I don't even know who he is.

Why not have James Corden modelling instead since body positivity is the trend du jour?

^^^ LOL @ James Corden.

That second picture looks so fake!

He’s a gorgeous man, of course. Just that these fitness-type models are rather common. As for his endowment… Maybe he’s just fluffed for these shoots and even on his SM??? When I first met an ex, we were swimming and he stripped down in front of me when he was changing. He was a cold turtle at that moment, frankly. But he was absolutely well above average later on. And when it comes to these sorts of shoots, along with post-production enhancements, models could easily have been… fluffed. (Like that film Shame, and some were drooling over Michael’s full-frontal. Don’t know what the big deal was— he looked fluffed to me…)

Why not have James Corden modelling instead since body positivity is the trend du jour?

This reminds me of that quote from Ratatouille (lol) where the critic says "In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: 'Anyone can cook'. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

To me, that's what the body positivity movement can bring to fashion. One doesn't have to pretend every single person on earth is equally good looking. Not everyone is a model, not everyone is going to be widely considered attractive. But, a beautiful person with a successful career in modeling doesn't just have to look one way anymore. For a long long long time, a model could pretty much only be one thing: impossibly thin and usually white (a few token exceptions, of course). The days of people thinking of Lara Stone as borderline plus-sized are thankfully over, and I'm glad there's recognition and jobs for stunning models like Precious, Paloma, and Ashley, to name a few. So no, we don't need James Corden modeling in his tighty-whities, but if you google "big and tall male model", there's certainly guys I wouldn't mind seeing try to sell me Dsquared2.

He’s a gorgeous man, of course. Just that these fitness-type models are rather common. As for his endowment… Maybe he’s just fluffed for these shoots and even on his SM??? When I first met an ex, we were swimming and he stripped down in front of me when he was changing. He was a cold turtle at that moment, frankly. But he was absolutely well above average later on. And when it comes to these sorts of shoots, along with post-production enhancements, models could easily have been… fluffed. (Like that film Shame, and some were drooling over Michael’s full-frontal. Don’t know what the big deal was— he looked fluffed to me…)

But it's just such a smooth bulge, it doesn't actually resemble.... well, the real thing. It's like it's been sanitized to avoid the scandal of any specific outline, but it's still quite massive (possibly real, possibly digitally or otherwise enhanced) and as a result it just beggars belief.

^^^ Oh I see what you mean. ...Maybe he’s thick-hooded…???? Prince Albert...??? Besides your point, that 2nd shot looks so unskilfully enhanced— like, unrealistically and unnaturally! Fabric simply does not fold like that, only to be so smooth around his unit LOL Again, this era of such unskilled retouchers working on such high-profile campaigns is laughable. Those Catan brothers should know better how fabric wraps/drapes/folds over men’s units.

BIG YES! body positivity for men shouldn't start and end with Tom Holland's "lips". I want all things menswear (shows, ads) full of Seth Rogen, Kenan Thompson, Jack Black, Kim Jong-Un and Jonah Hill types, you know, real everyday activist men with a heart of gold, male Palomas, the kind who install your internet, no unrealistic peachy butt/bulge/six pack tanned dudes that suffer so much achieving these bodies only to make ordinary men (especially gay men) feel terrible about themselves and like they'll never be accepted by the fashion industry. What men want is to see someone just like them in magazines, cause... all men look like Jonah Hill. And I think any man who is a consumer and dares to express minimal criticism, or like he longs for the aspirational side of an inherently exclusivist industry such as fashion or that simply admires extraordinary/too-good-to-be-true looks should receive major backlash for being a discriminatory bigot on track to destroy society.

Legolas, Lara's physique in the first years after her work by Willy Vanderperre and when Carine came along were a bit.. exploited? most of her stories when she rose to fame contained nudity.

There are so many way to make someone appear big today that I have no idea why in this second thread people continue to discuss his junk, like, I hope this is not the case for every Michael Yerger thread now, we are already far enough from fashion discussions... I mean, just go on Instagram and hashtag search or explore - literally thousands of people doing the same.

However, I do have to say this is like... This is a certain sexy look comeback, but around 10-15 years ago it didn't seem so... horny? Can't put my finger on it. Perhaps it is just the social media effect that now everyone can tell what they think, and usually it just begins and ends with the peach and eggplant emojis.

Legolas, Lara's physique in the first years after her work by Willy Vanderperre and when Carine came along were a bit.. exploited? most of her stories when she rose to fame contained nudity.

Very true, that's why I emphasized I was talking about her overall portfolio. She became an icon anyway, so she was lucky to be able to prove her versatility among the years. For male models, once they become a sexual stereotype, this is way more difficult. Chad White is another perfect example for this, such an stunning high fashion potential... more than a decade in the industry, but during all those years, he never got to remove that trend off his portfolio.

This is better than his D&G campaign, not so bland and safe as that one. They didn't hide his crotch with photoshop in the other campaign???? By the way, I don't think Corden will work, but the lack of diversity for guys, in terms of shape, is not good. During these days everyone wants to look like a Marvel actor, influencers, singers and p*rnstars. I'm queer, and I have "friends" on facebook sharing pictures at the gym all day long, they want to look like guys of MENdotcom or OnlyFans. There's more preassure to look "good" among gay community and if you're not "fit", you don't exist. Reminds me of to the 90s, with the raise of cases of anorexia among teenage girls, it's all cultural. I don't blame fashion for that because only a few are into this world, the rest takes inspiration from social media and dating apps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->