DUJOUR Magazine #2, March/April 09: Dioni Tabbers by Denise Boomkens

The fonts used as the editorial titles (as well as the editorial styles) are Lula-ish, no? Its cutessss.

The fonts used as the editorial titles (as well as the editorial styles) are Lula-ish, no? Its cutessss.

haha, i love that..what does cutess mean? is that good or bad?
omg and i would die if there was mags out there like Lula, at least we dont have to wait twice a year..anyone ever thought that Vogue Elle Marie Claire Bazaar..all the same..it would be nice to see indie mags have their own group of monthly titles besides Nylon....^_^

I agree, very cute!! it reminds me of Material Girl magazine which I also like. <3 I'm gonna subscribe!

just mentioned in the recent mag buys thread that I got the print copy of this..cannot wait! they did a limited edition hardcover format...here is one of my fave articles/interview they called 12 Things from the digital version along with another ed..
Picture+1.jpg

Attachments

• dujoureditorial.jpg
    dujoureditorial.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 9
  • dujoured2.jpg
    dujoured2.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 10
  • dujoured3.jpg
    dujoured3.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 10
  • dujourmaged4.jpg
    dujourmaged4.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 17
  • dujourbando.jpg
    dujourbando.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 13
oh and can someone post the prints in the mix ed? i think im done for now :smile:
6a00e550296f1b883401156f29aae2970b-pi

I would expect to love the Frida spread.. but I don't. The the colors are beautiful the overall product falls flat for me. One exception maybe is the close up with the orange flowers. That would is very pretty.

if no one else has the eds, will post prints in the mix soon..got kinda lazy hehe

haha, strong words..but I agree! would love Dirry Glam if it was English though..

Good News! Dujour, they just posted on Twitter that here is a video online of the mag here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrvKnuHgTxY as well as images on their Flickr. Like kimberwyn said, they do plan on doing a page by page video like Self Service sometime this week so you guys can see! I wonder if this means I don't have to post any more eds..let me know if you still want them :P

Hmmm... there's so much to love about Dujour... I love their screaming Marie Antoinetteish site, I love their eco-friendly idea of a downloadable magazine, and I love their online articles especially their Discovery articles.

agreed...and just saw one of my fave blogs of ALL time redesigned her blog and posted a lovely post about Dujour's eco-friendly digital edition subscription..looks amazing which I have said before because I have one hehe....

http://daydreamlily.blogspot.com/2009/04/its-time.html

oh and they are catching heat for using the term 'Recessionista', but for the rest of today I think..subscriptions are only $5.99 as mentioned on their Twitter, with itself is really really funny and cute! :wink:

Is this available in Sydney, Australia? I haven't seen it anywhere.

The fonts do remind me of Lula. The whole magazine feels more approachable and fun though, Lula is cute and all but sometimes it does take itself a bit too seriously :P

Is this available in Sydney, Australia? I haven't seen it anywhere.

The fonts do remind me of Lula. The whole magazine feels more approachable and fun though, Lula is cute and all but sometimes it does take itself a bit too seriously :P
had to reply to this because the info about it being in Australia is actually in the blog post link I just posted..Daydream Lily
but follow their Twitter..its really funny and they let you know about all the latest updates in terms of newsstand locations and events :smile:
http://twitter.com/DujourMag

Does anyone know what's going on with this magazine? Has it folded? I contributed a story that was supposed to come out in the July issue which has still not come out and its September. There seems to be a lot of shadyness going on... people not getting issues they paid for, the website is down, twitter not active, and the editor has not responded to my email about the status. Oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beautydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->