E2 by Michèle & Olivier Chatenet Haute Twist A/W 03.04

I liked their collections for the old house of Leonard (the french Pucci). Thanks to them Leonard could be found in some fashionable stores like Barney's.

E2 :wub:
Really like most of these pieces, especially from the last set Jules posted and the first from Lena. Those head wraps are very nice, and of course the aprons :heart:
Great name for a label too B)

e2

I saw some amazing clothes by this label in Paris - can anyone tell me more about them?

Any info most appreciated.:flower:

i think we had a thread on them somewhere .... aren't they the couple who work with vintage clothes?

I don't know anna I did a search for e2 but nothing showed up......

thanks anna - these have to be seen to be fully appreciated. The qulity is superb and the shapes simple but with all these lovely details (flowrs & eyelets)

you're welcome.
we can also have a seperate thread, if you want...

yes i read about the eyelet, it sounds lovely :heart:

here's an excerpt from an interview for 'i-D selects the worlds150 most important designers' i typed off (in?) for you:

what are your signature designs?
-we try to give some new spirit to vintage clothes. our signature designs change depending on each piece. but the application of eyelet is a typical detail of e2. they give weight to the garment and change its movement.

how would you describe your work?
-we are a fashion guide! our proposal is a wardrobe with customized pieces, vintage pieces as we found them changed into new creations, new shapes made of antique fabrics.

is the idea of collaboration important to you?
-it's the main thing of our story. e2 means those two.

who has been the greatest influence on your career?
-ysl, alaia, rei kawakubo, vionnet

is designing difficult for you, and if so what drives you to continue?
-each piece is unique. the difficult part is to find the connection between the pieces to make a coherent story.

what is your definition of beauty?
-beauty is the open door to emotions

i adore them too much
their work is a bit too expensive for me but its so obviously worth it

the latest i saw from them was a 'homage' to YSL, last winter in the BeauMarche in Paris, i was there in the opening party, the whole floor was dedicated to E2 :heart:
they had taken only vintage ysl (like ysl shirts, tops etc) and had totally reworked them in the most amazing way, while keeping bits and pieces of the original ysl item,
fantastic work really

all looks were unique (another strong point of E2) and each had both labels, ysl original and E2

i wonder if YSL would approve...:unsure:...

:lol:

i have never actually seen any of this stuff ...
don't know that it's carried anywhere in nyc...

:ermm:

sounds interesting, lena!

softgrey, funny, i always thought you had posted a picture of a store with their clothes somewhere but i must have mixed it up with another vintage project?

i think they used to have them in Barneys or was it bendels :unsure:

oh monsieur Laurent wouldnt have minded at all softgrey,
it was an excellent and very respectfull little project,
i believe they actually did this in collaboration with ysl,
hence being able to hold on the ysl label
they actually managed to get their talented hands on a bunch or rare and forgotten stock, see, none of the items were 'used'

just vintage ysl stock :wink:

anna karina said:
sounds interesting, lena!

softgrey, funny, i always thought you had posted a picture of a store with their clothes somewhere but i must have mixed it up with another vintage project?

i did post something about them...
but it was something i found online that sounded interesting...
i really don't know them...

hmmm...last winter lena?..
wonder why it didn't get any press...sounds really cool....
:huh:

good memory anna...:P

and it seems lena mentioned the ysl vintage thing back then...
but i didn't recall...

i would really like to see some pics of THAT...:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"