TheRedBullF1EnergyStation1FDwcaGy2JGl.jpg

Gucci Icon Temporary: London Opening - Afterparty
GucciIconTemporaryLondonOpeningAfterpartyid6Zz5tCUf8l.jpg
GucciIconTemporaryLondonOpeningAfterpartyD4tkkodVqG8l.jpg

zimbio.com

Go See: Edie Campbell - 30 July 2010
VBlog_blog_30Jul10_3_VB_b.jpg
VBlog_blog_30Jul10_4_VB_b.jpg

Model Edie Campbell has already featured in Vogue and is fast becoming an It-girl on the London scene. A Burberry campaign veteran, Edie’s mother is the stylist-turned-architect Sophie Hicks, her little sister Olympia stars in Tim Walker’s debut short film, and Edie is dating rocker Johnny Borrell. Oh, and she has another Vogue fashion story coming out in December. Not bad going.
vogue.co.uk

Guests_V_13oct10_rex_b_320x480.jpg

All About Campbell

Ella Alexander
14 October 2010
0 Comments

EDIE CAMPBELL may be the model of the moment but her name has led to a spate of unwanted associations.
"I've been making a diary of the daft things people have said during London Fashion Week and it does wear a little bit thin everyone comparing my name to Edie Sedgwick," she tells us. "I was at a casting the other day and this model booker said to me 'So you're called Edie - Edie like eating disorder?' I think he was saying it in a tongue-in-cheek way but what on earth do you say to that?"
Campbell, who is currently studying History of Art at The Courtauld Institute in London, likes the balance between her academic and fashion life.
"Fashion's a pretty strange world and the past year had been insane so it's really nice to be around a mixture of the two," she says. "I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with my degree but I'm really enjoying it for now."
A self-confessed anti shopper ("I prefer to acquire than to buy"), 19-year-old Campbell has worked with the industry's most influential photographers.
"Testino is such a kind, generous man and he always remembers you which is nice," she says. "Juergen (Teller) is great too. He gets the job done really quickly, then goes 'Come on let's get lunch' - it's fan-bloody-tastic."
Campbell is currently signed with Viva London.
YOU SHOULD SEE: What the Vogue team said about Edie...
YOU SHOULD SEE: Why we think Edie is one-to-watch...
vogue.co.uk

I have to admit that I'm still torn on her look. Sometimes I really like it and other times I'm just 'meh' about it.

British Fashion Awards 2010, London
Edie Campbell and Lara Stone

vogue.it

Last edited by a moderator:

The British model, who became famous thanks to Mario Testino's Burberry ad campaign also starring Kate Moss, choose a rather understated, comfortable look for the party held last October 12 for the launch of Matthew Williamson's book.

If you'd like to copy it, start with a double-breasted coat like the one by Sportmax. An alternative is the graphite gray cape-like jacket by Maison Martin Margiela.

The basic crew-necked grey sweatshirt from Petit Bateau can be paired up with the pants of your choice: Gucci's more formal pleated trousers, Bottega Veneta's or Frankie Morello's skin-tight pants, or Jeckerson's five-pocket style.

Heavy tights - Prada's mélange iron grey tights, for example - can be worn with a pair of unusual sandals such as Hermès' two-tone intarsia ones. Another option is Céline's open-toed black suede shooties or Neil Barrett's elaborate, laced version.

The look is completed with Dolce & Gabbana's gold necklace with heart pendant and a small light bag like Fendi's or Marc Jacobs' shoulder bag

vogue.it

She's in The Best Dressed List of Vogue.com

Edie Campbell
“She’s not a label queen. She wears clothes that you’re not sure where they came from and puts her individual stamp on what she’s wearing.” – Kate Phelan, Vogue fashion director.

i-D Fall 2010
Photography Marcel Door
Styling Sarah Richardson
Models Adina Forizs, Hannah Johnson, Solweig, Edie Campbell, Ana Beatriz Barros, Katarina Hessen, Imogen Morris-Clarke, Tali Lennox, Malene Knudsen, Noemie Lenoir, Claudia Mason, Stacy Martin, Julia Nobis, Lyndsey Scott, Hannah Holman, Daisy Lowe

*myfdb

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->