Edun S/S 2012 by Ryan McGinley

coatbridge, welcome to tFS!, don't forget to credit your image as per tFS Crediting Rules otherwise it will eventually be removed. :flower:

Also thanks for the picture. Kind of strange to see a campaign featuring the work of Sharon Wauchob, I'm glad they chose Ryan McGinley for this.. the result is gorgeous, very much what the entire brand is about. :heart:

The full campaign was posted in the S/S '12 campaign thread a few days ago:

EDUN’S NEW GARDEN: Seven years after launching, Edun is set to unveil its first ad campaign. Ryan McGinley shot the images, which feature six species of butterfly that are all indigenous to Africa, where the brand produces much of its clothing and supports local farming communities and factories. Jefferson Hack acted as creative consultant, working together with Edun founders Ali Hewson and Bono, and creative director Sharon Wauchob.

“We really wanted to capture the essence of Edun, and of what inspires the brand, which is duality and transformation,” said Hewson in a phone interview from Africa. She added that it was time to tell Edun’s story through a campaign, and to build on the momentum of the brand, which is posting double-digit growth each season.

The campaign will break in the March issues of titles including Italian, French and U.S. Vogue; Vanity Fair; Dazed & Confused; AnOther; T The New York Times Magazine, and the Sunday Times of London. Short “blink videos” will appear on Edun.com and via social media outlets. A launch event is set to take place during New York Fashion Week.

Edun’s chief executive officer, Janice Sullivan, said the brand is also expanding internationally: The company, which is 49 percent owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, is negotiating a distribution agreement with Itochu in Japan, and planning to open a pop-up shop in Harvey Nichols on Wednesday. It will open a pop-up shop at Le Bon Marché in Paris at the end of March, and for spring it will begin being carried at Bloomingdale’s and Neiman Marcus.

wwd.com
(thanks to tarsha)

I think the models are Harieth Paul and Bradley Soileau (the guy from the Lana del Rey video, no?).

I'm completely obsessed with this campaign, every single image is just so beautiful :wub:

I love that its very much romantic and not so over-the-top and it doesn't reek of in your face sexuality...a nice and welcome change...

This campaign keeps getting better! So gorgeous :heart:

edun.com

Models are Bradley Soileau, Charlotte Free, David ?, Dempsey Stewart, Ehren Dorsey and Harieth Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely one of my favourites for the upcoming season.

Wow, that's so ethereal and beautiful; I love what Edun and labels like Organic and Bodkin stand for. More people should be working with sustainable methods. What a stunning reminder this campaign is.:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->