Elena Miro S/S 10 Milan

Lovely collection
and with this casting she is showing that the clothes works for every woman

Its all a bit Banana Republic to me. I get frustrated by her shows often because she is the only plus-sized designer at a major fashion week (that I can think of) but the brand isn't concerned with being fashion forward. Sure the clothes are nice, and will sell well to the client, but it would be nice to see more plus clothes that follow major fashion trends.

^ Totally agree. The clothes are bland and so plus sized women will dress bland.. It's not good.

So is she actually a plus sized designer? Or just regular designer using bigger models?

I think you're both asking too much
I mean this is a decent fashion show, for bigger women
plus to that you want it to be a super fashion forward statement???
come on!

Elena Miro isn't really a designer, in that sense, but more of a retailer -- like Lane Bryant in the U.S., except pricier. Elena Miro one of the plus-size branches of the Miroglio group, which comprises a number of lines, both straight-size and plus-size.

Most of the clothes this time around are kind of bland, even by EM's standards. They've done more exciting stuff in past years. And as for EM "showing that the clothes works for every woman," EM would demonstrate this more effectively if the company ever featured a more diverse range of plus sizes - not just "safe" U.S. size 12/14s, as usual, but some 16s, 18s, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think designing for plus size is EXTREMELY difficult, probably more so than menswear. So I feel like this collection is excellent, especially that it is being shown at a major fashion week. I'm not sure what you mean when you say more fashion forward, because when designing plus size you must be EXTREMELY body concious. Most of the collections shown are completely unwearable by larger sizes. I've always found plus size women to be extremely sexy, most of these clothes accentuate their curves very nicely.

**I agree with orgoglio, i would like to see 16/18/20 made into something wearable, not just a smock.

this looks like everything i think of as being typical for Milan :D And I don't think it's that bland, it's just difficult to put bigger people in big shoulders or skinny jeans. and i like the summery look of all this.

I think it's fine. I think the Miro customer is probably over 35 with some degree of money (middle-class and up, professional). She may not necessarily be a trend-hound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->