Elena Velez S/S 2024 New York

Yay our girl made it to NYFW... But what a mess LMFAO

Is this that girl w the sloppy fake Balmain.

I found Cathy Horyn's review quite interesting. Made me look at this designer in a different light.

Elena Velez’s Hard-core Stance on Feminism
i dont see her in a diff light. Cathy is just good with words. I agree with her - elena is making clothing not art. we dont need the explanation because THIS ISNT ART. we dont care - show me a look that holds all your ideas. This is the brilliance of Lagerfeld - you could see his thoughts in the clothes. No explanation needed.

cathy sounds shady - talking about over consumption with this nothing throwaway collection.

Seriously my peers are so embarassing. Imagine becoming a fashion designer and crying about IDK what. Im sure its nonsense my peers are into bc I dont associate with 99% of them. Theyre all delusionally materialist consumers but cry about communism. Like you cannot find an anarcho-communist who doesnt have an iPhone in NYC. Literally running around in slave made Nikes or 3rd hand eBay Raf; barely understanding anything.

Last edited:
i dont see her in a diff light. Cathy is just good with words. I agree with her - elena is making clothing not art. we dont need the explanation because THIS ISNT ART. we dont care - show me a look that holds all your ideas. This is the brilliance of Lagerfeld - you could see his thoughts in the clothes. No explanation needed.

cathy sounds shady - talking about over consumption with this nothing throwaway collection.

Seriously my peers are so embarassing. Imagine becoming a fashion designer and crying about IDK what. Im sure its nonsense my peers are into bc I dont associate with 99% of them. Theyre all delusionally materialist consumers but cry about communism. Like you cannot find an anarcho-communist who doesnt have an iPhone in NYC. Literally running around in slave made Nikes or 3rd hand eBay Raf; barely understanding anything.
Lol, you do have a point.

Like with Harris Reed's collection, it's becoming exhausting.

On one hand, I find the multi billion dollar expectations of the conglomerates rather grotesque whilst I also find the egocentric show ponying of shows like this to be equally as such. There really is no rhyme or reason to the existence of this and as great as creative freedom is and viewing fashion as "art" you still have to question the point of this in the grand scheme of things. Cathy said it herself about Velez and her generation, that it isn't about "a compelling new design" which is funny because more often than not they're also the type to cry wolf about financing.

When the designs are fine in this collection, there's still a basic reductive prettiness to them that can actually respond well to the current fashion fanatic demographic because none of this is really compelling. It's very easy to consume from an aesthetic POV because it taps into the hunger of what the new generation want to see in fashion whilst not having much beneath the surface of it all. It feels far more short lived because the actual impact isn't there because it is fairly disingenuous.

Hard to see this progressing further than what it has already become, and that can be applied to a lot of the newer designers as of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->