Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2024 Milan

Totally monochrome (except these few unnecessary leopard print pieces), slick and sexy AF! They seem to be one of the few (if not the ONLY ones!) who have moved on from the (in)famous 'Barbiecore' and I'm extremely happy about that! :heartsuit:

And, yes, Natasha just KILLED it!!! :dizzystar:

You gotta give it to their team, this was a very successful (paid) path to redemption. Now we are witnessing a rebirth of Dolce & Gabbana with a new subdued style (did someone from Valentino or Dior go to Dolce? It all looks very product oriented) and a cast full of the hottest models of the moment. Next thing you know, a ton of beloved celebrities will be wearing these clothes on the red carpet, and it’ll be like the whole thing never happened.

... Next thing you know, a ton of beloved celebrities will be wearing these clothes on the red carpet, and it’ll be like the whole thing never happened.

Offtopic:

To be honest, I am pretty sick and tired of the fact that some people almost 10 years later can't move on from that #BoycottDolceGabbana nonsense! Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana just expressed their *PERSONAL* opinions, without any intention whatsoever to impose it on anyone else. However, it seems that "freedom of speech and thoughts" - which, by the way, is so much insisted upon!!! - is reserved only for certain individuals who do not fall outside the global agenda of the ruling world's establishment.

Ontopic:

Mark my words, Steven Meisel with his own team are gonna make a *KILLER* ad campaign from this collection! :heartsuit:

Offtopic:

To be honest, I am pretty sick and tired of the fact that some people almost 10 years later can't move on from that #BoycottDolceGabbana nonsense! Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana just expressed their *PERSONAL* opinions, without any intention whatsoever to impose it on anyone else. However, it seems that "freedom of speech and thoughts" - which, by the way, is so much insisted upon!!! - is reserved only for certain individuals who do not fall outside the global agenda of the ruling world's establishment.

Ontopic:

Mark my words, Steven Meisel with his own team are gonna make a *KILLER* ad campaign from this collection! :heartsuit:
The fashion industry loves their drama. Unfortunately, they're unable to serve drama on the runways.

So apparently Karl Templer styled this, which explains the upgrade in casting and styling. A good decision finally!

I love the fact that it’s a streamlined collection. Looks fabulous. Who would have thought?

Im in the minority but I find it quite boring…
I don’t know if this is any different from what they presented last season…

‘However, the real thing here is how the cast and the presentation elevated a very basic collection.

And can we stop with the fake fur already. Either you do shearling but fake fur is really ugly. I somehow wonder how I’ve managed to love the Chanel FW10 collection considering how much I hate fake fur…

Overall, I think a good campaign can elevate even more this.

It’s really interesting to see so many brands in Milan shifting things and affirming their identity. There’s no confusion, even with some brands being similar in terms of supposed aesthetic and I like it!

‘Versace couldn’t be more different from Dolce & Gabbana, who couldn’t be more different from Cavalli or Tom Ford.

Naomi may have had special treatment, the real star of the show and of Milan is Vittoria! She is the most charismatic on the catwalk imo.

Yeah, I couldn’t agree more. We’ve seen this a thousand times but the production and great casting are great factors to elevate the whole collection. There are some great tailored items here and there, which is great too.

Is it Victoria’s Secret x Dolce and Gabbana collab ? Because the production and casting are killing it, but unfortunately, imho when the sexuality is so in your face, it becomes boring. I do prefer sensuality. I would suggest a retirement and a therapy for their madonna/wh*re complex instead of bothering us.

Is it Victoria’s Secret x Dolce and Gabbana collab ? Because the production and casting are killing it, but unfortunately, imho when the sexuality is so in your face, it becomes boring. I do prefer sensuality. I would suggest a retirement and a therapy for their madonna/wh*re complex instead of bothering us.
You know that if the YSL fan is calling you a wh*re, then you really are a wh*re.

Offtopic:

To be honest, I am pretty sick and tired of the fact that some people almost 10 years later can't move on from that #BoycottDolceGabbana nonsense! Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana just expressed their *PERSONAL* opinions

Wasn't the Chinese-mocking only 4 years ago? Or you must be referring to a different scandal, perhaps the whole 'gays shouldn't adopt' thing, which was 7 years ago.

Idk. I'm one of those people who used to buy Dolce & Gabbana pretty frequently (probably my most purchased brand, along with Prada, from '06-'12) but can't "move on" from that. They seem to be doing quite well without my dollars, so it doesn't look like anything has stopped them.

That being said, this collection felt like a darker, more sheer version of Michael Kors. A few good pieces towards the end, but really only because they reminded me of Gaultier. As usual lately, just kind of... bland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->