Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2024 Milan

Nice to see them past the Sicilian aesthetic which is good but was overdone. This looks more sleek and sophisticated though the visible underwear almost went overboard.

This might sound politically incorrect lol but I'm kinda happy to see D&G back doing strong show with A-list cast.

and it's kinda weird to see Vittoria walking on their show again because I remember she left a shady comment about them on Diet Prada

You know that if the YSL fan is calling you a wh*re, then you really are a wh*re.
Oh I am not a fan, I was just lucky to be born in the inner circle, Yves was like a godfather to me. So I am not a fan, he did mistakes too, but much less than other designers (because he was harsh on himself), and he taught me to tell the good from the meh, and Dolce & Gabbana are indeed just meh with some good tricks from time to time, but not today.

If I see Miss Naomi on the catwalk one more time, I swear...

Anyway, the collection is a whole lot of déjà vu.

Funny how Fashion picks who gets to get a redemption... Looks like they've (sadly) managed to achieve that. Yet another example of how the F in fashion stands for fickle...

Wonderful collection and fantastic cast: Natasha Poly, Naomi, Irina, Imaam, Mariacarla.
Hopefully Steven Meisel for the campaign but this time with models.

Forgettable at best. They have done it countless times before and better. It's just as flat and uninspired as the collections from their Sicilian period.
Naomi's jaw looks like a bicycle seat. She should stop with the fillers.

Sorry, but i don't get the praise. it's such a non-event.

After they embarrassed themselves with their cheap influencer fashion on desperate influencer with horrible influencer shows now they opt for a hybrid of Victoria Secrets and 90's Minimalism with a bunch of wellknown models. And of course with Cyborg-Naomi closing.

Most of it looks better than some years ago, but is still shallow, a bit desperate and very predictable at best.

I really can't take them seriously anymore. i wished they would retire soon.

Its a wonderful collection of relevant clothes that are impeccably cut and crafted. Everything here fits magically and exudes luxury.

Lots of nuts and bolts pieces. Its truly impossible to not buy Dolce*

* if you are a high end customer who wears newly bought clothes - its literally impossible to not buy D&G. They always have a few pieces that are must haves.

Last edited:
This would make for a great La Perla collection. The “Justify My Love” range or something, can definitely see it.

Happy to no longer see the Sicilian look be phased out, although that is still reserved for the their Alta Moda. This still feels very Italian though, which is hard to say for a fair few designers this fashion week.

At the end of the day all of this though is rather boring. Branded lingerie with couple of overlays but make it 80+ variants. The faux fur should have been treated with something like an all over foil print or something to not have it look so… like that.

yawn. I mean yes thank good they are over the italian food tour. But they have been rehashing their classics for few seasons now and it's dragging. I do miss the big gown moments. for them it's like let's keep going when it's working. It feels very flat and monotonous. Never really peaked to climax.

May just be my most FAVOURITE of collections during MFW, in all honesty! Absolutely love every last thing that I'm seeing - love the monochrome, the sheer fabrics mixed with the lingerie, the polka dots, the heels, the casting and the thought of this potentially photographed by Steven Meisel for the campaign.

This might sound politically incorrect lol but I'm kinda happy to see D&G back doing strong show with A-list cast.

and it's kinda weird to see Vittoria walking on their show again because I remember she left a shady comment about them on Diet Prada
I think they "started" her career, no? One of the first high-profile shows she walked

I think they "started" her career, no? One of the first high-profile shows she walked

Yes, that's why it's weird to see her comment shading D&G on Diet Prada (after their "cancellation"). I remember some people even commented under her comment asking what happened between her and them. But I believe she already deleted her comment.

A model thinking anyone cares about their opinions is rich.

DG only got cancelled by people who arent buying it anyway. Maybe they lost a handful of Light Blue sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->