Elle China September 2024 : Evie Harris & Jiahui Zhang by Liu Song

Both models did a great job. I love the cinematic type of photography, the outfits, the mood... Compare this to UK Vogue cover and spread with Kylie Jenner, it's like two different planets... Is there no creativity left in the traditional fashion capitals?

What a stunning editorial duo.

evie has the better cover, but jiahui has the better spread. both weren't needed for this one editorial. evie's could've been spun into a side fashion trend story.

gorgeous photos, none the less. once again, the quality of content and talent is coming out of asia.

the story is just beautiful, some of evie's portraits seem almost AI generated, she looks very doll-like gorgeous

Looks like a typical fashion editorial in Tatler, which is why I don't feel too deprived that I can't get print copies of Elle China, or else I'd be picking this up.

People always fawn over these editorials, but I just don't get it. Who is Evie Harris related to? Because I'm not seeing a good model? Like... seriously? This shot? No thank you!! It looks like her head is about to start spinning.

Jiahui looks fantastic. By comparison, I find Evie to be rather loathsome. She has a very WASP-y "children of the corn" kind of squashed face that is really annoying to look at, and always has her looking like a child.

The open mouthed portrait of Jiahui would have made a gorgeous cover. It is very Meisel's Vogue Italia coded, but there's also a lot of Jean Shrimpton, Dovima and Veruschka by Avedon in here.

This is more British Vogue than British Vogue Lamo
I don't mind Evie, her pics with the headband have an Alasdair McLellan vibe, British posh teen royalty that you would see in an Alexandra Shulman edit

However her looking like a little girl only has a very narrow career path, I hope she can make the most out of it in the next few years

I hope Jiahui can escape Sabotage Ancora soon and gets booked by different people in the industry

Another set of strong covers from Elle China. Massively here for what these Chinese fashion titles are producing lately. Elle leaving Vogue in the shade, once again. The two covers here are wonderful, both equally as beautiful as each other, I am sat here struggling to select a favourite... :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob Watson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->