Elle France August 8, 2024 : Toni Garrn by Xavi Gordo

The only interesting shot to me is the second to last one where you hardly can see her face.

While this is a decent offering for Toni, every time I see her in an editorial or on a cover, I can't help but reminiscent about the time when she first started, when she did Calvin Klein, worked for Prada and Vogue Italia by Meisel. She has always been criticized for her modeling but I thought she had something. She has completely lost that for me years ago and I think she should stick to the Zalando/Peter Hahn money jobs (she should not design anymore collections though). And yet, I wish somebody would try and prove as wrong and show us that Toni Garrn is a high fashion model?

THAT MAN should be out !!! I know way wayyyyyy too many great spanish photographers who are 10 times better than him. I'm SO SO TIRED of his boring photos and that boring girl. There's NO magic with either of them.

While I have to agree with many points brought up here, I think this is the best of Toni Garrn I've seen in a heavily long while. First time it gives me a lil' kick or some kinda thrill. Yes, that's no Prada or whatever, this is just some weekly Elle spread (why did the Tabac-Presse guy next door have to be on holidays... I'm pretty sure tomorrow I won't be able to put my hands on this...). I recall her debuts soon-followed by her heyday, were also the heyday of Joy Models Milan (Siri Tollerod, Margaryta Senchylo usw.), I remember my doubts at first second that were washed away within a month of topnotch editorials and such. So, I can't dislike this and a zillion thanx @Zorka for sharing the whole story (as I'll obviously be unable to get it physically and smell the dirty perfume of fresh paper).

THAT MAN should be out !!! I know way wayyyyyy too many great spanish photographers who are 10 times better than him. I'm SO SO TIRED of his boring photos and that boring girl. There's NO magic with either of them.
Gaaahh, don't be that harsh :rofl:
It's not supposed to throw some magic around, it's french Elle and for what it really is, it's far from bad.
It doesn't fly to another land or wake me up in another world, but still.
Got a least one goosebump... :stuart::rofl:

Absolutely love the cover. Quintessential French Elle during the summer months. The magazine always nails these carefree summer covers, and I live for them to be completely honest. Always down for seeing Toni Garrn too. Colours, mood, lighting, styling... all working for me! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arshdaddy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->