Elle Spain February 2024 : Bianca Balti by Rocio Ramos

Beautiful covers even if I would have loved the first one more if she had on something.

She's so striking and fabulous. I just don't understand why she seems like a fashion outsider. She has 345 MDC archived ad campaigns and 140 covers, yet she's never worked for Vogue Paris or Vogue US for instance.

She's so striking and fabulous. I just don't understand why she seems like a fashion outsider. She has 345 MDC archived ad campaigns and 140 covers, yet she's never worked for Vogue Paris or Vogue US for instance.
She has had some small features in Vogue Paris back in the day, but you are very right.
Not even a cover of Vogue Italian, her own country! When she is one of the 3 biggest Italian models of our time.

She has a Vogue Italia Unique cover. She wasn't a Meisel girl during Franca's reign, but she gave her at least a couture one.

Balti looks beautiful! curious about the editorial.

She’s a timeless beauty. The covers are solid enough, although very reminiscent of greater and stronger imagery:
965_mars_couv_2_jpg_9826_north_499x_whitejpg.jpg
Irina-Shayk-Vogue-Japan-March-2017-620x822.jpg

The coverstory is disappointing. She looks greta, not so much the photography. Reprints galore, with the Steven Klein Zendaya story and the Zoey Grossman story of Jodi Foster. Not sure if this Dario Aranyo story is a reprint; it's nice tho...

7 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg
1 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg2 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg3 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg4 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg5 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg6 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg

8 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg9 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg10 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg11 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg12 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg13 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg14 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg15 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg16 Elle Espana 02.2024.jpg
ELLE Spain

Spanish ELLE and Spanish TELVA are worlds away better than anything Spanish Vogue is trying to pull out lol it's crazy. LOVE this cover story and the styling in the other stories :smile:

i hope bianca will get a big amazing vogue italia story, she deserves it, shes one of my favorite models-- i wish meisel had shot her, i thinks shes absolutely underrated

Flawless! I won't even front: that second cover feels like the best magazine cover I've come across in what feels like... an age. It's just perfect - love the red, the glamour, the sense of poise, the photography, the styling, the art direction. Not one, not a single complaint from me over this! :heart:

I agree, Bianca is giving it and she poses very well! flawless

I kind of feel like it's obvious why she wasn't a superstar model from looking at her photos here, but that's just me.

She looked absolutely stunning at the Jacquemus photo call

God, that Jacquemus photo call is such an apt reflection of the truly sad state fashion is in right now. It represents everything that's wrong with fashion but ok. Not the time.

Toni Garrn, Bar Rafaeli, Barbie Palvin, Sara Sampaio.....I'm convinced the editor of this magazine is most likely a 2010-era Tfs model fanatic who is quietly reliving their fantasy of giving these models coves. Or maybe it's the audience who wants them because how else do you justify giving these models covers in 2023?

People asking why Bianca doesn't have a big Vogue cover? I happen to recall in the mid to late 2000s she had a very commercial Page 3 thing going on and a lot of her print work back then was for men's magazines. Especially with GQ. I'm sure that hurt her HF career. I think only Gisele and Irina were able to dabble in both the men's and high fashion print titles.

Has Irina dabbled in anything as commercial as she used to at the beginning of her career since her HF baptism? I recall perhaps a British GQ cover wearing archival Mugler, but that seemed anointed by the HF powers that be rather than the sultry beach siren audience.

Also, I'm sorry but now in 2024 I don't want to hear "oh she's too commercial/tacky/men's magazine" snobbery from HF. They all capitulated to the likes the Kardashians arrived with and lost any capacity to remain exclusive. The idea that in her prime Alessandra Ambrosio was considered too men's mag and curvy is laughable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->